Having a Ball at the Dance

Start from the beginning

He puts on his matching blue mask that covers around his eyes and therefore his entire identity

He puts on his matching blue mask that covers around his eyes and therefore his entire identity. After realizing that the masks are supposed to make people socialize and meet other people, he wanders his way through the room.

The moonlight coming through the large glass walls of the gym is countered by multiple "lamp posts" scattered around for light. Violet flower petals are scattered around that move with your own movement to create a magical feeling.

Ash finds another group of guys in a variety of suits, none of them exchange names due to the rules but none of them seemed to be Clemont. After a few minutes of socializing, Monsieur Pierre rises from the crowd on a pedestal.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to ze annual Pokémon Showcase ball," He announces with a thick French accent. "I hope you all enjoy tonight and maybe the region of love will stay true to its name."

"And may I add," He continues. "The Kalos Queen is among us so look out for her."

"Our first activity is a dance circle so would our fine gentlemen here today form a circle s'il vous plaît." He states. "And ladies find a partner and dance on the outside of the circle."

Ash watches the girls around the circle find someone to dance with at the start. He notices a girl walking around with another like they're trying to find an open spot. "Over here," Ash smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We need to get in there," Valerie urges her friend. "Don't miss out on the fun because you're scared something will go wrong."

"I'm not," Aria argues. "I just want everything to go smoothly."

"That's pretty much the same thing," Valerie rolls her eyes. "Trust me on this Aria, the more let go, the better the result of the dance will be."

"Over here!" A smiling guy interrupts them. "Do you guys need a partner?"

"Can you handle two of us at the same time?" Valerie giggles.

The two girls do a quick look over, his bright, young hazel eyes are what gets their attention the most. That and his messy black hair that looks like something never seen before. "I have a tough time dancing with one girl so maybe not," Ash laughs.

"Let go remember," Valerie whispers to Aria with a smirk on her face. "My friend here would love to dance with you."

"I would?" Aria asks while reddening.

"He's in here somewhere," Valerie whispers. "The faster you get in the circle, the faster you'll find your guy."

The fairy type expert walks away while laughing at her antics. Aria stares at the boy before stepping up and sealing her arms around his neck. She starts to move in perfect sync with the music but her partner wasn't doing the same.

"Sorry," Ash mutters after stepping on her foot... for the fourth time.

Aria looks at Ash in sympathy but also in amusement. "Try to copy my movements," Aria giggles and brings them closer, which probably isn't helping the situation due to their feet being closer.