Expectations

This is where the story transitions into what it'll be like for awhile so be prepared for time skips...

Santalune City is a pretty standard city that would fit in with any region. It's somewhat modern houses line the streets and everyone is friendly and laid back. A perfect place to begin your journey through the Kalos region.

Ash is going to follow that and challenge the Santalune gym for his first Kalos gym badge. He's not going to be alone though, with the help of his newly caught Fletchling, and new travelling partner Serena, he'll have lots of support. And after jumping off a tower this gym should be easy.

"I'm so pumped," The raven haired trainers cheers. "We're going to win this for sure."

His three Pokémon nod in agreement, yes three. If it wasn't obvious enough, Froakie decided to join Ash to see if he's the trainer that can bring out the best of his abilities. Fletchinder flies around happily over the more serious frog. The flying type's orange head leads its white and grey body through the sky as it scouts for the gym.

"I believe it's this way," Serena points towards a plain white building.

The aspiring honey blonde performer was asked by Ash to join him since her pathway also includes travelling all over. He also invited Shauna but the brunette decided if her and Serena were going to be rivals, then they shouldn't travel around with each other. That doesn't mean they won't be meeting up once in awhile though.

It's a small world anyways.

"It says 'art gallery'," Ash reads out confused.

"Weird," Serena states. "Because my map says it should be right here."

"Might as well check it out then," Ash shrugs and leads them into the building.

Pictures of bug type Pokémon fill the hallway, each of them spread out to really separate every piece. "These are amazing," The girl awes as they walk through. "Whoever took these must be an expert on big type Pokémon."

"She is," Alexa walks through. "Ash I may have forgot to tell you that I'm the gym leader's sister."

"What?!" Ash exclaims. "So does that mean we're in the right place then?"

"You bet," The gym leader walks in. "I'm Viola and I'm the bug type expert and gym leader of Santalune City."

Viola has light blonde hair that curls over o it doesn't go below her shoulders, along with two pieces that go down her face. She also has a white tank top that stops before her belly button, green cargo pants, and an always present camera.

The four of them introduce themselves and catch up to make things less confusing. "The hero of Kalos should fly past this battle," Alexa smirks.

"I don't know," Ash blushes and rubs the back of his head embarrassed.

"That's a different response than earlier," Serena giggles.

"Then enough talking and let's find out," Viola announces and leads them into a greenhouse.

A dirt battlefield is surrounded by lush vegetation and the perfect environment for bug type Pokémon. The plants seem to be growing wildly but the bug Pokémon are able to keep it under control naturally. Sunshine pours down onto the field, enhanced by the glass roof that's creating the greenhouse effect. Misters hang from the roof and probably provide water to the whole area periodically. The area is almost too beautiful to battle in.

"This will two on two," Alexa steps up to referee and announces. "Only the challenger is allowed to substitute Pokémon, any questions?"

The two battlers shake their heads and get ready to throw out their first Pokémon.