Chapter Two: Lesson Number One

Instead of answering, I sat down and thought about it. I would love protection from all the people out to get me, but what's the catch? I'd like to help save the world like they said, but are they telling the truth?

I sigh and say, "Well I really have nothing to lose so... sure. I accept."

Thor jumped up and yelled "Excellent! Let us go at once!"

He then grabbed my name and headed towards my door.

"W-wait a minute... we're leaving right now??" I ask surprised.

"Of course. We need you right away lady (y/n). That is why I was so forceful before. I am truly sorry if I frightened thy." Thor says as he continues to drag me out of my apartment.

Natasha then says, "Well she might need some things, Thor. She'll be staying there for a LONG time."

Thor let's go of my hand and exclaims, "Oh yes! You will need your interesting mortal contraptions to stop boredom from killing you! That is how you mortals put it, yes?"

Natasha gave him a look that said he said it wrong. I then nodded and went to get some things I might need.

My pillow, laptop, clothes, blankets, movies, and other necessities.

I packed them all away and went back to Thor and Natasha.

"Ready?" Natasha said with a hint of impatience in her voice.

I nod timidly and follow them out. When we leave my apartment building, a fancy black car is parked outside.

I've never seen such an expensive looking car before. With that money, they could feed the homeless for weeks. Why waste it on a car?

"Cmon, get in already." Natasha says pushing me in the car.

She gets in herself and drives off at full speed. I hold on to the seat for dear life. Thor seems to be enjoying himself. He was rolling the windows up and down.

'He's probably foreign or something...' I think as I watch him push more buttons.

We drive for what feels like hours. Natasha then slams her foot on the break.

I slammed against the seat in front of me. Natasha quickly got out and got my things. Thor got out and opened my door.

"Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. lady (y/n)." Thor says helping me out of the car.

I stare in amazement at the large building. The architecture was brilliant.

"Hurry up, newbie." Natasha snaps.

I quickly catch up to Natasha and Thor so I'm not left behind. We walk down a maze of hallways with many confusing twists, turns, and dead ends.

We make it to a large door with the Avengers symbol on it. Natasha unlocks the password protected door and strides in.

Thor follows her, and I follow Thor. Inside was a room full of people. Strange people...

A man with a red, white, and blue skintight outfit on with a big shield on his back. I believe he is the one they call Captain America. I think his real name is Steve Rogers.

Another man in the corner typing away on a laptop. He has messy, short brown hair and wears glasses. His name tag says that he is Dr. Bruce Banner. Also known as The Hulk.

A normal looking man sits in one of the chairs as he plays with some robotics. He was talking to Dr. Banner and seemed to be the cocky type. I recognize him as the famous billionaire Tony Stark. Also know as Iron Man.