Something's Coming

Of three things Bonnie was absolutely certain. One, she was somehow carrying Stefan's baby. Two, her nightmares weren't a figment of her imagination like she'd secretly hoped, which meant something really was coming after them. And three, she had no idea what she was going to do about any of it.

Just over a year ago she could barely take care of herself and now she had to take care of the person growing inside of her. A person that was depending on her to survive in order for them to survive.

She didn't realise she was even crying about this until she almost jumped out of her own skin when Caroline took her hand.

After they left the hospital Caroline refused to let her be alone tonight, so they drove to grams' house in silence.

That was three hours ago and she'd blocked off her thoughts since then.

Caroline didn't push her though so instead they changed into their pyjamas and got into bed. They sat there leaning against the headboard and she'd actually forgotten that the blonde vampire was even there until she took her hand just now, and her heart clenched.

"Caroline, how am I supposed to do this alone?" The thought slipped through before she could stop it and the tears flowed freely with her heart hammering against her chest.

Her friend reached for her face and pulled her towards her chest so that she could lean against her instead as she cried.

"Look around you, Bonnie Bennett" Caroline whispered into her hair, gently stroking it in comfort. "You're not alone".

Bonnie wrapped her arms around her middle and cried harder against her chest until she eventually fell asleep.

***

"Sooo...are we just going to ignore the fact that you're riding to school with me today?" Caroline caustiously asked while keeping her eyes on the road and Bonnie shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"I don't know what you're talking about".

"I'm talking about the fact that you've never caught a ride to school with me except for that one time Stefan was out of town with Damon to do...whatever it was they were doing".

She was talking about the 'Elena cleanse' Stefan took Damon on to help him get over her, though they refused to admit that's what it was.

'Hunting trip' her ass.

"You slept over at my house, it only makes sense that I'd ride with you".

And Caroline had to bite her tongue from mentioning that it never stopped her before. She also refrained from pointing out that Bonnie's been dodging Stefan's calls since they woke up.

Like now when her phone vibrated again and Stefan's face popped up on the screen. She could tell Bonnie was nervous, her constant fidgeting and biting her lip giving her away as she looked down at her phone and let it go to voicemail again.

"Mhm...you know we're seeing him at school in less than ten minutes right?"

"So?"

"Soooo, it's gonna be kinda hard for you to avoid him when he's standing right in front of you, Bonnie" she said, getting a little frustrated that she had to explain that to her.

"What if he doesn't believe me?"

That was her biggest fear.

Vampires weren't supposed to be able to procreate, this was the standing precedent. And even though rationally she knew that Stefan would never accuse her of lying, or even cheating for that matter, her emotions were kinda running high right now so it was her legitimate fear nonetheless.