Five

I woke up, groaning as the sun streamed in the room. I sat up abruptly realizing I wasn't at home and I closed my eyes, my head hurting extremely bad. "Good morning." Regina said, causing me to jump and I looked at her, still laying in bed beside me. I released a deep breath, feeling better i was here with her. "Wait. Isn't it Tuesday?" I asked and she nodded. "I woke up at like five this morning, extremely hungover, and I called my mom. I told her we'd need today off and she understood." She said and i nodded. Yesterday when we got to her house, after Regina told me she'd love for me to be part of her family, we got very drunk and had... a lot of sex. Henry was spending the night with Reginas sister. "I really enjoyed our activities last night but.. shouldn't we talk about it?" I asked and she shrugged, looking up at me. "I just... we didn't use protection. And I'm not on birth control." I said and she nodded. "Well.. as fast as it is, I want you for a long long time. I'm not worried about you getting pregnant or anything because I would love it if that happened. I'd love to get to take care of you and then you and a little baby." She said and i blushed, then straddled her. "Then let's make it happen." I said and she blushed as she pulled me into a kiss. I kissed her back, grinding my hips down against her. She moaned in my mouth and I felt her harden against me. I moved my hips up, then slid down on her hard member. She groaned in my mouth and tangled a hand in my hair as we broke away from the kiss for air. I leaned my forehead on hers and she hummed.

——

Around 3.45, there was a knock on the door. Regina kissed my head before getting up and going to get it. We were cuddling on the couch. Zelena, Reginas sister, was taking Henry and her daughter to the zoo today so that's why he's not home. A few minutes later, Regina and her mom were both standing in front of me, looking concerned. I looked at them and raised an eyebrow. "What's going on?" I asked and Regina glanced at her mom. "Emma honey.. do you not have your phone?" Cora asked and I glanced at Regina. "Um.. no? It's upstairs dead. Why? What's going on?" I asked and Regina came over, grabbing my hand as she sat beside me. "You guys are scaring me." I said and Cora came and sat on the other couch. "Honey.. there was a fire in your neighborhood. It spread rapidly due to wind-speed and the dry weather. Several of the condos were burnt completely down, leaving not much of anything." She said and I felt anxiety in my stomach. "They called the school because it was listed as your place of employment and you weren't answering." She said and i held on tight to Reginas hand as I stared ahead of me, trying to process. I bought the townhouse when I finished my first year of college. I had saved up enough over the years to buy my own place and it was so cute so I bought it. I've lived there since. And now it's just.. gone? "Emma? Talk to us.." Regina said softly and i teared up. "It's just.. gone?" I asked and Cora nodded a little. "I'm so sorry Emma. I understand if you need to take some time off to cope and such. Paid of course." She said and i nodded a little. "I.. what am I going to do?" I asked as i started crying. Regina pulled me into her arms and held me tight as I broke down. "It's going to be okay my love. You're going to stay here with me and we're going to get you through this together." She said and i nodded a little as I held on tight to her. "I.. is there anything left?" I asked and sniffled, looking at her mom. She sighed. "He said you could come by and see. Everyone else is there too, going through the rubble." She said and i nodded. "W-will you go with me? Both of you?" I asked softly and Regina nodded. "Of course." They both said at the same time and I wiped my eyes. I got up and Regina did as well. Cora got up and hugged me tight and I closed my eyes. "It's going to be okay." She said and i nodded. She kissed my head and my breathing shook as I inhaled.

Regina parked in the parking spot in front of, what used to be, my house and i stared at the mess in front of us. Her mom pulled up beside us and I wiped at my eyes. My neighbors are out, looking through rubble. There are cops and firefighters out here too. I guess to make sure it's safe? We got out and i bit my lip, trying not to cry. Regina grabbed my hand and i held on tight to it. A cop came over and smiled sadly. "Emma Swan?" He asked and i nodded. "An ember from a nearby neighbors fire pit ignited the bushes attached to the home on the end. The fire spread to the other end in minutes, demolishing the whole row quickly." He said and i nodded a little. "Insurance should help. Yours and the H.O.A's. I'm sorry this happened." He said and I just nodded again. He walked off and I walked up the walkway to the pile of ash and rubble. Regina and her mom followed me and I started looking and digging around.

After several hours of looking through the ashes, so far all I had left was my safe, some pots and pans, and some jewelry. My safe has important paperwork, money saved for a rainy day, the baby blanket i was found in and some jewelry my foster mother Ingrid left me when she died. I have some clothes at Reginas House, along with my school stuff. And my phone, keys and wallet. Most things insurance can replace. Like clothes and shoes and things. It's just... surreal. I never thought this would happen to me. "You okay?" Regina asked quietly and i shrugged. "I don't know. I-I feel weird. I'm upset obviously but I.. why am I not more upset?" I asked and she rubbed my back. "It's okay not to be more upset. You gotta handle it the way you think is best." She said and i nodded a little. "I just.. the things that really really mattered to me were in my safe. Everything else was just... I don't know. To fill the space and I'm.. just.. not upset about it." I mumbled and she kissed my head. "I'm more upset about thinking about buying a new house, new clothes, you know. Stressful things." I said and she kissed my head. "Don't worry about it right now. You can live with me as long as you want or need. And I can help out with some stuff if I need to. I don't mind." She said and Cora nodded. "I can too." She said and i nodded a little. "Thank you.. i.. I finally feel like I actually have a family." I said and Regina rubbed My shoulder. "You do, baby."