"Hey! I'm also a tranfer student! I'm Soma." He greeted and introduced. She plainly looked at him and introduced herself.

"I'm Nishikiri." She then continued to walk and saw Erina. Erina looked at her and just waved but then scowled as she saw Soma.

"Why are you here?" She asked Soma surprised. He sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"If you liked my dish you could've just said." He said while smiling.

"I thought I failed you!" She exclaimed. "I understand why she passed but how did you?! You're from a diner!"

''She' has a name.' Nishikiri sarcastically thought. She then realized she didn't introduce herself on stage.

Nishikiri walked away not getting caught up in that drama. She went to her first class which happened to be with Soma so he sent her a friendly wave but she just looked away.

The instructor told them there assignment and there partners. There was an uneven amount of students. Nishi was left without a partner. She raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"There's an uneven number. May I work alone." She asked in a monotonous voice. The instructor looked at her intrigued. He nodded and she put on her mask after he told them to start.

They were making beef bourguignon. She went to get each of her ingredients and her loose braid swayed slightly with every movement she made. She moved so gracefully and silently as if each movement was perfect. Some would even say she was mesmerizing.

Nishikiri finished her dish and half the time was still left. Everyone was surprised about her quick work but she didn't pay attention to them. She walked up to the French instructor with the dish in hand. She set it in front of him and he took a bite. His eyes sparkled with amazement as the flavor exploded in his mouth.

"The texture is perfect and the tenderness is amazing. You mangaged to bring out the flavor of the dish making it better than the original recipe. You get an A. You worked alone didn't you? How'd you achieve all this and still have half the time?" He rambled. Nishikiri's face was left expressionless as always.

"I simply followed the recipe." She answered without a care. "And a little extra." She added with a whisper.

Throughout the rest of the time she watched as many people failed and passed. She had also kept her mask on for the rest of the time because of everyone still cooking.

***

After class, Nishikiri proceeded towards her assigned dormitory. The Polar Star Dormitory. She walked down the road with ingredients in hand and came upon the viny and old looking building.

She walked inside gloomy looking building only to be met with all kinds of smells. She covers her nose with her hand and animals come stampedeing across the room with a girl trailing behind. Smoke quickly follows. She gagged even though she covered her nose. She held her breath and suddenly heard the door close. Nishikiri looked back and saw Yukihara Soma.

After witnessing all that happened they heard a voice speak to them. They look in the direction of the voice and see the mother of the dorm who introduced herself as Fumio.

The two directed to proceed with cooking something she'll approve of and did so. Nishikiri  started making stew with the ingredients she brought and Yukihara used the leftovers.

After Nishikiri finished she poured the stew in many containers and one bowl and placed the containers in a bag. She handed the bowl to Fumio to try and was appeoved after a few minutes of Fumio describing the dish.

"You're room 304 and it's girl bathing right now." Fumio said while handing Nishikiri the key.

"I have have something to do. I'll be back later." Nishikiri said and left the dormitory and continued to exit Totsuki property. Of course it was a long walk but to Nishikiri, it was worth it.

She walked till she made it to a run down place filled with beggars and poor people. She walked passed each of them handing them each a container of warm stew which surprised then all. She still kept her mask on because she could no longer handle the smell of the area.

"Eat up. These nights are cold." Nishikiri said then left. She went back to the dormitory and it was almost midnight. She walked inside and started going to her room when she saw two guys with food in their hands. She held her breath because she could smell the food and then they spotted her.

"Huh? Who are you?" They asked. Her hair slightly swayed as she turned to look at them. A blank expression on with wondering eyes.

"I'm a transfer. This is my dorm." She answered and held out her key for room 304. The two guys looked at each other and came closer to her.

"We're hosting a welcoming party. Follow us." They said and started walking to a room. She followed without raising a question.

The door opens and she walks inside. It only takes a few seconds for everyine to realize she's there and stare at her. She greets them and introduces herself.

"Hello. My name is Nishikiri. I'm the other transfer srudent and I'll being living in this dormitory." She says politely but with a blank face.

A wave of all kinds of smells came her way making her gag. She tried to suppress her gag so she didn't seem rude though. She quickly put on her mask and and sighed in relief. Everyone seemed confused at her action but introduced themselves reguardless.

"I'm Yukihara Soma. Just call me Soma." Soma said and patted the spot to his left for her to sit. She sits down next to him and stays silent but answer any questions he asked.

"Nishikiri is kind of long. Do you have a nickname?" He asked. She thought about it for a minute. Only the doctor calls her Kiri and she didn't want to be called that at school. She didn't want to be called Nishi either because that was the nickname 'he' gave her a long time ago and then he just left.

"N." She answered. "Call me 'N'. As in the letter." Nishikiri explained. He nodded and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you N!"

_______________
Now she got a new nickname so in the story she'll mostly go by N, Nishikiri, Nishi, and Kiri. Mostly N from Soma, Nishi from Ryo, and Nishikiri from everyone else. Only her family members will call her Kiri.
Bye~

-🔺️☄🦅