Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)

Start from the beginning

"No problem, darlin." The bartender winked at Aaliyah. Now any other man would love to see some girl on girl action but me not so much. That's only because I want Aaliyah to myself.

The bartender slid the shots to us then began to fix the other drinks. 

"To a night of Fun and Relaxation!" Mo raised her glass.

We all raised the shot glasses tapping them into one another.

"Bombs away!"

I took mine straight to the head. Hennessy was cool and all but it wasn't my favorite liquor. And from Aaliyah's facial expression Hennessy wasn't her favorite either.

"Shit is nasty." She smacked her lips.

"Why didn't you ask for a shot of something else?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"The one shot that never misses, Miss. Aaliyah Daniels." This dark skinned male walked over.

"Harlem?" She squinted her eyes to get a better look.

"The one and only." He smiled. Aaliyah jumped up and hugged him.

"How've you been?!"

"I've been good. You?"

"I'm better."

"Mo'Nique, Shad." He nodded at the two.

"Harlem." They nodded back.

"Where's the asswipe?" He asked Aaliyah.

"Niko?"

"Yeah, that nigga." He rolled his eyes.

"Fuck if I know. We got divorced. I do have someone I would like you to meet." She tugged him over towards me.

"Damien, this is Harlem. Harlem this is Damien, my man."

"Nice to meet you." I said as we shook hands.

"Likewise."

"So this is the man they say you treated horribly?" I asked. He didn't seem like the type to take bullshit from anybody, not even my Micio.

"Yes..."

"They told you about that?" He asked.

"Yeah. I mean from what I know Aaliyah's not exactly a friendly person."

She rolled her eyes.

"She's not. Which makes me wonder how the hell did you get her to open up?"

"I don't know. You'd have to ask her that." I looked over at her. My heart was about to explode with the amount of pride and love I had for this woman.

"Damn, you got the mans head over heels. You can see the love is his eyes for you. I like him. I like him a whole lot more than that nigga you was married to."

"So, you don't like Niko?" I asked.

"Nah, never have. Something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. Plus, I knew he couldn't cherish and appreciate a woman like Aaliyah."

"He's smart. I like him." I told her as I pointed at him.

"Anyways, y'all know everything is on the house. Enjoy your night. I'll link back up with y'all in a few." 

Some song started to play and Aaliyah squealed.

"This is my song!!!" She started to rotate her small hips to the rhythm.

"And I said No Hesitation, Your body is my destination. I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming to you." She sang a long.