Why?

The Elder Sat on the beach looking at the Ocean and Remembering Lost Childhood's

As He watched the old ways coming to life in a new generation The Pride of His Partner and her children  She had Been told By her Mother "Your Children will not grow up Knowing if the a black or white" to which She replied "what's  Wrong with Grey?"

Had embraced the old ways and were showing all the signs of an awareness that can only be found in the deep and meaningful love of country and People and the timeless love that has come from knowing "The Earth is Our Mother We take nothing from her but sustenance"

This is What the Elder has seen He had Grown up on the ocean and been able to fish and play to his heart's content the boyhood of dreaming the songs the animals and the legends the beat through his soul like liquid light. As he sits with all the wisdom of his 55 years he has at last hope for the future. 

The Love story was at the least strange at the most the most amazing thing he had happen he has left his wife of thirty years for a volunteer whos love of the environment only came second to his own.

Her small Knowledge of rats and mice came to fruition as a 16 year old now at 25 here was the hope and the future and the love that he never knew could become reality.

We worked together as apprentice archaeologists as friends first then business partners and soulmates.

The elder was fretful he had seen the destruction of scared trees burial grounds and the denigration of apathy and discards of the so called new generation.

The anxiety to pass the knowledge before it was too late the starting of the recycling programme we had dreamed up together in our wildlife park and had taken to pre schools was not understood then we were about 25 years too soon.

We had days we floated on the ocean and could see the dolphins playing and watch the turtles.

Today the turtle sees a plastic bag and dies every time one is saved another four take their place 

This was not what the elders had seen or remembered the shards of sea dreamings is now replaced by oil slicks rubbish and dying marine creatures. 

My Once Proud Ocean Elder has become like the dried up plastic that sits in the sun when they needed  his knowledge  he would drive hours to help people understand the environment and the impacts on this generation.

The destruction of forests and the emergence of too many people have impacted the environment in ways we can longer control.

Every time you look at a tree remember there is your brother your lifeblood.

I have witnessed over 25 years the destruction of uncaring people.

Their  She'll be right mate attitude  has not worked.

My Elder has passed these 12 years now and i still know mangroves.

I ask you This pick up rubbish  Your mother will thank you.