Chapter 1 - Savanna's P.O.V

"Congratulations, Ms. Stone. You got the job," My new boss, Mr. Speed says in my ear.

I hold a hand over my mouth to hold in a squeal. Good thing I'm on the phone and not in person.

"Thank you, Mr. Speed. When should I start?" I ask, probably a bit too enthusiastic.

"Come in tomorrow at eight sharp. I will have my best employee show you around. Also, please dress appropriately." With that, Mr. Speed hangs up.

I drop my phone on the bed, mouth hung open in shock. I got the job . . . I got the job . . . I actually got the job!

With that, the shock fades, replaced with happiness. Unable to control in, I jump out of bed and start jumping around on my floor, screaming.

My door opens and my best friend, Selena, runs in. I don't stop. Her glossed mouth hangs open in shock as she stares at me

"What did I miss? Oh my gosh, did you get laid?" She asks, eyes wide.

I stop jumping and shake my head. "No, but I got the job! In working at Speed first thing in the morning!" I squeal.

Instead of a smile, like I expected, a slight frown ruins her features. Wrinkles for between her perfect eyebrows.

"What? Aren't you happy?" I ask worriedly, walking over to her and placing a hand on her arm.

She snaps out of her trance and smiles at me. I can tell it's forced though. "Of course I'm happy for you. I know how much you wanted that job. I just don't like Speed very much." She says.

I know that. She's voiced that since day one when I said I wanted to work there. She was furious. She said something about Speed being bad. I don't know. I mean, them seem pretty generous. The donate money to charities and pay there employees enough. Everyone besides Selena loves that place.

"It's late. You should go to bed if you don't want to be late." Selena places a hand on my shoulder.

I smile and nod. "Of course."

With that, she turns on her heel and walks out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I change into my white sweats and sweatshirt and crawl under my covers.

Meet Christmas, Savanna. You got your dream job. You can finally forget about what happened and start fresh.

With that thought, sleep over takes me.

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

Hey everyone! I'm sorry this chapter is short. This is kind of an introductory chapter.

This is my very first public book! I really hope this gets reads.

I write on my laptop, yes, but this is my first public book.

Please comment and tell me what you think of each chapter.

I'm so sorry if there are spelling errors. I try not to make any, but sometimes autocorrect is an idiot and you don't realize.

Anywho, This A/N section is probably going to be my best friend for explaining things.