six

Jungwoo couldn't sleep at all. He'd locked himself in the bathroom and he regretted it so much. He sat on the floor, knees up to his chest as he leaned back on the cabinets under the sink. Sunlight started to bleed through the blinds, showing a sign that he's been up all night.

With very little energy, he managed to stand up, catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror. Purple, dark bags underlined his puffy and bloodshot eyes, his face pale and absent of color.

His stomach was growling, in want of food. He turned around, placing his hand on the door handle, inhaling a deep breath.

Opening the door, he made his way back to the bedroom, which was vacant as expected. Grabbing his phone, right when he turned it on, a notification caught his eye on the lockscreen.

Lucas: I'm at the coffee shop. You can come if you want to.

Jungwoo pressed his lips together. Slipping his phone into his pocket, he turned around and went back to the bathroom. After making himself look somewhat presentable, he grabbed his keys and exited the apartment.

He arrived at the coffee shop, hearing the little bell jingle when he entered. He spotted Lucas sitting at the table in the corner, the one he usually sat at when he came to study. He slowly made his way over there.

Lucas didn't say anything, he just looked up into his boyfriend's bloodshot eyes.

"What?" Jungwoo asked softly.

The taller male slid an envelope across the table. Jungwoo tilted his head in slight confusion, taking it underneath his fingertips.

"Open it when you get back to the apartment." was all Lucas said, lifting himself from his seat and walking away.

Jungwoo's lips parted, as if he was gonna reply. But he just watched his boyfriend leave the coffee shop.

Jungwoo fiddled with the envelope, turning it around in his hands. He sat at the edge of his bed, inhaling a sharp breath.

He finally decided to open it, his fingers starting to tremble as he ripped it. He pulled out a neatly folded paper.

Fall. The season we met.

Oh, it was beautiful, especially the leaves.

Red, orange, yellow - warm colors.

Gorgeous, but I found you more stunning.

Evenings were always your favorite.

Thousands of cuddles and kisses we always shared during those times.

A flame.

Blazed in my chest.

Overflowing with love.

Underneath the stars.

Those were the nights I spent with you.

It's been truly amazing, Jungwoo.

Thank you.

I'm sorry.

Upon first glance, Jungwoo melted at the way it was written. It was poetic, a strange thing that would come from Lucas.

But the more he looked at it, there was a thing he noticed.

The first letter of each line spelled out a phrase.

"Forget about it"

And Jungwoo's heart shattered.

The End
__

ah fuck, i can't believe you've done this to my feelings

thanks for reading !

i really don't know what this is tbh. i wrote it bc  i was really inspired by that song i left the link to in the first chap and i didn't want to lose that spark, so i wrote and the story came out like this

but it was a nice break from the book i'm currently working on (which is not about luwoo btw, it does feature them tho)

but yeah. i hope you guys still enjoyed it.