🌺3🌺

Third.

Hannah was squished in her Aunt's arms, but she didn't squirm or try to be released, she felt safe, warm and like she was meant to be with this woman who was known as her aunt. She smiled at the woman when she was finally released, only to be twirled around, examined by the black haired spirit, checking for injuries. She giggled as her Aunt finally sighed in relief, finding no scratches, cuts or bruises on the young girl.

"Auntie Maria! You're here!" She cheered before realizing that the woman shouldn't have been able to come here on her own. "How?"

"Dear, I am so sorry I never told you before. I wanted to wait until you trusted me and weren't scared of monsters anymore..." Maria whispers softly as she caresses her nieces cheek. "My dear Hannah... my hija..."

"Wait... she's your..." Scary Godmother starts to say before breaking out in a large smile as she rushes everyone into the house once more. "This is great! We have everyone back under the same roof!"

"Ah, Scary, she doesn't know yet..." Xibalba clears his throat.

"Oh. Uh, we'll go wait in the kitchen while you three talk." She ushers everyone out of the room to give Xibalba, Maria and Hannah space.

"Dear?" Maria coos softly to get Hannah's undivided attention.

"Yes, Auntie Maria?" Hannah asks, curious about her Aunt and her newfound friends along with Joaquin. "What's going on?"

"Dear, you're not afraid of Scary Godmother or her friends, right?"

"No. I mean, yes they are different and could possibly hurt me, but they're my friends now, I trust them that they wouldn't hurt me."

"I wouldn't let them harm a hair on you." Maria growls out as her eyes glow with fire. Hannah eyes widen. Maria shakes her head. "Sorry, Dear, I was just so scared. I thought I lost my little hija."

"Auntie Maria? What's a 'hija'?" Hannah asks softly.

"It's... daughter. You are..." Maria sighs and looks to Xibalba softly.

"Hannah. You are our daughter." Xibalba says as he kneels next to Hannah and Maria. "But allow us to explain, please, young one."

"What?" Hannah's voice trembles as she crawls away from the two. "No, that's not true. My parents are Rico and Jillian Mathews."

"Honey... Jillian is your step mom. You were young when Rico met Jillian and she became the only mother you ever knew..." Maria says as tears escape her eyes. "When you were born, Xibalba and I couldn't take you to either of our realms, since you were born here. We have you to Rico and his wife at that time, Kayla. She passed away when you were only a year old. Rico could barely take care of you both by the time Jillian met him. After years away, I came back when you were still very young. I posed as Rico's sister and we haven't given any reason for anyone to doubt it. I watched after you and Jimmy while both Rico, Jillian and Jimmy's parents were away. I had to leave again when you were 3 or 4. I didn't want to leave you, but I had no choice. If I stay too long in this human town, I could bring danger to you and your new family. I'm so sorry..."

"So... you're my mother? And he's my father?" Hannah asks softly. The two nod as Maria cries silently and Xibalba looks away from them.