The Wedding

Depuis le début

        Fast forwards to April.

         Sherlock didn't want to do this, he wished he could wipe this day off the calender. He had been up for hours, he couldn't sleep. He had his best suit laid out, he figured if he was going he was going in his best. It was the same suit he had worn to John's wedding months ago. The tails were still black and crisp, the white undershirt looked like it had been dipped in starch it sat so finely. He sighed, holding the suit out at arms length. It was a happy occasion the last time he wore this suit. Now he wasn't quite sure if he could get through the day without crying. He waved a hand, dismissing the though. He'd had worse days than this, he just couldn't seem to remember them. Twenty minuets later he was standing outside doing his best to hail a cab.        

        When he pulled up to the address, he paid the cabbie and took a look at the church. From the outside he wouldn't have thought there was a wedding in progress. He could see people moving around inside the window so he decided he must have been at the right church. There were no fancy decorations, only a fancy sign that had been decorated with real flowers and a few balloons. He walked up to the door and pushed it open. He stepped inside a small lobby which was decorated with hundreds of white lillies, roses and the occasional carnation. He could see Lestrade acting as usher with Anderson. Sherlock steeled himself as he walked to the doors. Lestrade and Anderson were silent as they opened the doors and let Sherlock in. There she was, standing at the front of the room with her back to him. Molly's soon to be husband was standing right besides her and the pews were full of people who were watching the proceedings with rapt attention.

        He stood back, hesitant. Should he? What did he have to lose? He charged down the isle, intent on speaking his mind. He jumped up the steps to the podium and grabbed Molly by the shoulder. He gently tried to spin her around, but her arm fell off. Sherlock stood there in shock, looking at the arm he was holding. It took a second for his brain to register the screws near the armpit which would hold the arm onto the mannequin. Why had someone dressed up a mannequin in a bridal dress? He turned around and was slightly shocked when he heard a loud chorus of voices screaming, “APRIL FOOLS!!”

        Sherlock was surprised to say the lease. He sat down hard on the stairs, staring vacantly at the large group assembled in the church. John, Molly and Greg came over to where he was sitting, John and Greg had enormous grins plastered on their faces while Molly looked slightly nervous. John slapped Sherlock on the shoulder as he sat down next to him saying, “That's for last April Fools day.” Sherlock slowly turned his head to look at John.

        “Remind me never to put eyeballs in your tea ever again.” muttered Sherlock. His comment caused Greg to laugh and Molly to smile. Sherlock looked up at Molly. She looked as beautiful as ever today, she was even wearing some lipstick. He smiled at her and she gave him a timid smile back. Then someone small and bouncy rushed up the stairs and dropped themselves in Sherlock's lap.

        “Hello Unca Sherlock! Did we surprise you?” he looked down into the smiling face of Shirley Watson. He smiled, rubbing her head with one hand.

        “Yes, your daddy did quite a good job of it too.” he chuckled. Shirley smiled, then looked over at Molly as she said, “Actually, it was Auntie Molly that came up with the idea.” Sherlock looked up at Molly just in time to see her face drain. Poor girl, she looked so nervous. Sherlock gently extracted Shirley from his lap and stood up, facing Molly.

        “Molly, I'm sorry I've treated you so badly for the past few years. Can you forgive me?” Molly smiled at him, a real smile this time.

        “Yes, Sherlock. I forgive you.”

Three days later