Code 02

I laid there in my top bunk, only able to think. I couldn't sleep. It wasn't possible. But did I honestly need anything? I was only code now. I wasn't real. Did anyone know I was gone? Would my brothers be looking for me? Do they care? I was such a rotten little sister. Did they even want to find me? What would they do if they found out where I was? Would they find a way but refuse to come get me because I am such an ass? Would they completely give up on me?

I didn't realise I was crying until I was Kei rustle in his sleep.

I quietly climb down the steps on the bunk and run off to the bathroom.

It's one of my only safe spaces to go to okay?!

I saw the door open and I saw Kei. Fuck, I woke him up. He doesn't deserve to be awake and be extra tired tomorrow.

But he was the closest to being like Isamu. He was like 'Samu because no matter the time he seemed to care.

"Hey...what's wrong..?" He asked.

"N-nothing..." I lie.

"Ya know...you really suck at lieing."

"I'm fine." I say.

It was a lie but its one that I was so used to saying.

"You can tell me anything 'Kemi."

My head perked up as I cried more.

Only Isamu only ever called me...

I tackled him in a tight embrace, sobbing. "I want to go back. I missed my brothers. They were my only family I had left. Mom is dead. Dad left us when I was born. I just...-"

"Hey...shh...I know it's a lot to go through but I am here for you...shhh...."

Did I....say that aloud? It doesn't matter.

"Can you be my brother while I'm here? I just...I need..."

"Of course. Go on...you can tell me more."

"M-Mom died three weeks ago to lung cancer. All I had was my ten brothers. Generally only Isamu since the others...have their own way of grieving. Isamu has always been there for me when I couldn't do anything for anyone. When I was a-at my lowest of lows. And I...I feel like I can't even feel him in my heart ot mind." I rant.

"Hey, if you can remember what he looks like...we could take a picture and frame it. This is a video game so we can-"

"Tomorrow? I just...want to sleep..."

"You haven't fallen asleep at all tonight?"

"N-no...I couldn't. I had too many thoughts in my mind."

"Do you want to snuggle with me? I know it helps me if I have someone to help me sleep."

I nod and he carries/hugs me and walks to the room.

He sets me on top and we both lay under the covers.

"Thank you...Kei."

"No problem Akemi. You know I will always be here for you."

I then drifted off to sleep.

But as you would expect...1 hour of sleep doesn't do much for ya.

"OH MY GOD LOVE BIRDS, GET OUT OF BED!"

Rem.

I snuggled deeper into Kei and didn't want to move.

"I'm so tired..." I whisper.

"Rem...she got like no sleep."

"Rem come on, let's go get some breakfast." Mika drags him out of the room.

"So...does this happen often?"

I nod.

"Well we will have to change that."

I mumble a 'meh' and pull the covers over me more.

I felt sick. I didn't want to move.

"Come on...we should get up before all the food is gone. Rem eats pancakes like it's the end of the world."

I forced myself to get up.

I immediately lost ballance on the steps and fell off.

"Woah you okay!?" He worried.

"Yep." I mumbled with a lighter mood.

I sigh as he helps me up.

We walk to get some food. Food doesn't sound too appetizing so I just sit next to Rem, and lay my head on the table.

"You alright there?" Rem mumbled.

I gave him a lazy thumbs up.

"Don't you remember or did you decide to be an idiot again and not listen to Kei. She got no sleep last night." Mika repeated for him.

I felt a presence sit near us. I jolt up and realise it's only Kei.

I sigh and lay my head back down.

"Saki...perhaps you should go back to bed."

"Nah...it'll mess up my sleeping schedule. I'm alright." I say.

Ok I think I need to stop lieing to these people. I suddenly felt myself being pulled into the air by my shirt.

"Well looky here...the newbie didn't sleep well?"

"Leave her alone, Tsu!" Kei yelled.

I looked at him and he looked angry. He was angry so it...it made me emote...and not happily.

"You know...you really shouldn't...MAKE MY BROTHER UNHAPPY!!" I scream.

I saw a violet flame surround my arms and I felt the fire with in me burn.

I don't know what I did but at the end they were the one who was beaten up.

They were laying on the ground. So now I don't know my own power in the world of code. That is a slight problem.

They limped away and I sat down...basically falling to the table.

That was exhausting and now I just drained every last bit of strength I had.

"Yo, that was dangerous using your power with barely any sleep." Rem commented.

"I...didn't have....con...trol..." I mumbled.

I was having trouble breathing correctly.

"Woah hey, Akemi!" Kei called out.

I open my eyes only to see Kei above me. I was...in his lap?

"What...What just-"

"Shut up will ya." Rem said.

"Rem you're gonna make her cry again. Then Kei will really beat ya." Mika's voice trailed off.

"Hey...you look really pale. You should get to bed."

I try to sit up but I am met with an excruciating pain in my chest. I began falling to my side, unable to breath.

"Oh god...she is having an asthma attack. Sit her up right!" Mika yelled.

I couldn't move. All I had control over was failing at breathing.

I was soon breathing, but heavily. I was basically just hyperventilating. But hey, I wasn't dead.

"Saki, did you know you had severe asthma?" Mika asked.

I shook my head no.

I heard them all take a big sigh.

"Sorry..." I whispered.

"It's alright, Saki. We just have to take precautions, alright?" Mika asks.

I nod my head again as I get instructed on what precautions to take with my new life problem.