I hum for a second, catching the fact that he said we rather than you. I can't say I'm disappointed he's willing to escort me to my intended location, shocked is more the word I'm looking for. I open my mouth to tell him where I want to go, but stop mid-answer, again.

Am I completely incapable of handling myself that I need a babysitter to hold my hand the entire time I'm out of the palace?

I can either get off at Piccadilly Circus with Harry, join Niall, and get scolded for running off, or I can live out the great adventure that I had initially intended to find myself and explore the city. I want to do things I've never before done, and joining a stranger for a late-night adventure is definitely something I've never done before.

"How about you choose? That is if you don't have any other previous engagements." I make the bold decision to ditch Niall and stick with the practical stranger. What's the worst that could happen?

"What about your friend?"

I pull my phone from my lap and open Niall's contact, texting him that I want him to go home and to not worry about me. I know that he can track my phone so if something does go wrong it's not like he can't find me. He thinks I don't know about it, but I do and have for a long time.

"He can fend for himself for a while."

"Alright."

There's a smirk that lines his pink lips and he quickly stands to his feet, reaching towards me with an outstretched hand. I'm hesitant to take it at first, almost second guessing my decision to go with this man. But with a deep breath of reassurance I place my hand in his and stand. Before I can even settle on my feet, Harry pulls me towards the doors of the tube, which open only seconds later. And with a gentle tug we're off.

We snake through the Piccadilly Circus station, Harry leading us quickly through the maze of the station as if he's got the place memorized. We take a few sharp turns before ending up at a new platform with a few people waiting by. Rather than taking notice of the sights around me, my eyes are glued to my hand, which is still clutched in Harry's.

Call me a giddy school girl, but it's been ages since anyone has held my hand so I can't help the ecstatic thoughts racing through my mind and my heart beating wildly as if it will pop out of my chest cavity. It's as if I'm up on a cloud and nothing can bring me down... aside from the intercom reminding us to mind the gap.

"Ready?"

"I suppose so." I tell him. "You're not going to drag me off and kill me, are you?" My tone comes off joking, but there is a part of me that is aware tonight could end up in my kidnapping and ultimately my untimely death. Rather than dwell on the negative outcomes of tonight, I try and focus my energy on the positivity, which is easier said than done.

"Now why would I ever reveal my master plan to you, Miss Mary?"

"You have heard the expression sharing is caring, right? I was merely hoping that you'd abide by said expression." Harry smirks down at me, his eyes briefly casting down towards me before shooting upwards to meet the incoming tube.

"Have you ever heard of the exclamation surprise or the expression knocking your socks off?" He wonders aloud. I merely nod as he tugs on my hand and draws me towards the tube. "Well, Mary, that is what I intend on doing, surprising you and consequently knocking your socks off. Do you have any objections to that?"

I think for a moment, putting on my best thinking look, before shaking my head and laughing. Harry tugs me towards one of the vacant benches on the tube and we both sit. Harry and I sit in comfortable silence for a bit before he extends a comment my way. A comment that rattles me to my core and I'm fumbling to find a proper answer.