THE VOID

Written by Romans.

How I wish I could caress mother earth, as I apologize endlessly for the damage I've caused.

Oh, how I wish I could break my heart in two and give a little piece my other half to every single creature in pain.

I have this dream, in which there's an endless ocean of majesty. Creatures that rule upon their own realm of beautiful possibilities, I dream of a pure and righteous pond of briny waters.

Where the creatures dance in joy as they rejoice on the fact that they command their own existence.

I dream of true purity within the masters of our world, the ancients of our existence. It's a wholesome and harmonious ocean, everything so perfectly carved and free.

But there's a transition to this dream, and in a moment darkness seeps from above. And the creatures scatter away, disbanding from each other in fear.

Particles of objects that remain unknown to them fall upon their kingdom, invading every inch of their world. Confused and scared these creatures suffer, unable to comprehend the things that are happening.

Because us humans were given a chance to live in a beautiful world of lush greenery and blinding blue. But we put thrones where they didn't belong, we dictated against nature, we conspired against our own existence.

We disparaged those that understand the meaning of life better than we can, we let greed consume our hearts. And the sea is now dark and sorrowful, there's a song that's heard along the miles that define our large sea.

It's a cry of helplessness, a cry of defeat and pain. We don't bother to look, or care. We believe we rule, that we are nature and existence in it's own context. But we are not, we are simply the complement that was meant to protect and care for this planet we've been handed.

And the things we do have consequences, which seem minor to those who don't bother to look at the pain of these creatures that feel and suffer just as much as us. Because they are vulnerable like us, they reflect us before we were even us.

This dream teaches me to love, to care and to be cautious. Because it's the littlest of things that make the biggest difference, and it's the lesser we care the more we make the world stumble.

What affects our creatures is bound to exterminate us, yet we ignore this fact. This dream ends in darkness, but there is a subtle spec of light that seeps beneath the surface.

There is that thin line of hope that still lingers within us and that is enough to be better. To be whole and to start fresh.

Life as we know is in jeopardy if we don't take action now, we must protect our planet. We have to evade doom and pursue abundance.

Let us save our so called humanity by actually being humane.

Let's not be the reason we drown our own world.