The Gate

Eleven POV

Hopper bursted through the door and he walked over to me.
His eyes looked red from crying, and they had a fire boiling inside them.
"Whats wrong?" I asked.
"I figured out a way to find Sarah, but i am going to need your help.." he said instructively.
he looked at the both of us pleadingly.
Will nodded and looked happy to help him.
"We can help you." He said.
He nodded and put a cigarette into his mouth.
He took the cigarette out of his mouth after a few seconds and put it on the table.
"We are going to leave now. Grab anything we can help Sarah with. We are gonna find my little girl.." he said harshly, turning softer near the end.
I smiled to myself.
It was good that i told him about her. If i kept that secret inside any longer, my chest would have exploded. Who knows, maybe the lab wasn't going to save her, meaning they would let her die in the bath if they had to.
Memories of the bath exploded like fireworks in my brain, but i shoved them
away and tried to focus on the task at hand.
Will grabbed a small pocket knife from Jonathan's room, and put it inside his pocket of his coat.
We all walked outside of Will's house together.
We got into the car.
Eleven and I sat in the back, and Hopper was in the front.
...
The car ride was really quiet when I finally spoke up.
"I was wondering if i could go to the Snowball..." I said openly.
"With Mike?" Hopper finished her sentence looking through the mirror in the front of his truck.
I looked at Will, and he nodded.
"Yes.." i said slowly looking at Will the whole time.
I have never lied to Hopper before besides when i left to go find mom.
It felt weird.
He expected trust in me,
and i gave him everything but trust.
...
"Ok. Just be careful." he said like he stopped holding me and himself back for once.
I will explain to him later.
I didn't want to start a whole dilemma, so we avoided talking about the Snowball for the rest of the ride.
...
We finally got to the lab after about 20 minutes.
...
It was dark outside and the street lights blinkered on and off from the side of the road.
We saw that there were people over near the broken window that were fixing it, so we decided to go to the opposite side, and break another window there.
Thats when we saw it.
...
A gate.
It looked promising.
I turned to Hopper realizing something.
"The bad men said she kept trying to escape." i said.
"She must've went through the portal.." Will realized, his eyes widening.
"She wouldn't be able to survive there.. What if she is dead?" Hopper said with teary eyes.
We both looked at him and i hugged him tightly.
"Don't worry. We are here for you no matter what." I said.
Hopper blinked the tears away, and made sure we all covered our mouths with our clothes, or extra jackets.
Here goes...
We all walked in single file, until all of us were fully inside the upside down.
The opened goop from the portal closed from behind us, and in front of us stood a huge Hawkins laboratory filled with demodogs and demogorgons of every size.
I looked at Hopper and he had a small tear rolling down his cheek.
I pulled out the wooden bat with nails, and we walked towards the lab slowly not making the slightest sound.