chapter 3

Huddled in the corner, my was mind was whirling with images of the brutal attack. Gingers sickening cracked neck, mouse's bleeding body with his guts flowing out onto the ground. Things were starting to get quiet, too quiet. Next thing I Knew the dog thrust it's head behind the thing I was hiding behind. Jumping back I barely missed the sharp teeth of the dog. Moments later I passed out from fear and tad-bit of hunger.

Hours later the sounds of tallones woke me up again. They were yelling and crying. Crawling out a bit I saw the tallones in a frenzy. The adult female was looking for me, her mate was holding a rope and hitting the dog till it yelped then took it outside. The young male was picking up the bodies of my family. The female came around to where I was hiding I tried mewling to get her attention but I couldn't, and she went right past. Upset, and hungry I went back to sleep.

Later that day it was almost dusk and I heard a tallone one walking around in the garage. I started to mewling to get her attention. First I meowed once she froze, then again I meowed she started running out of the garage. She never left instead she was yelling outside. A few moments later the adult female came running in and graded something. The younger one started clearing some stuff in front of me, then the adult shined something bright in my eyes. The young one the graded me and cared me as Ginger would, I started crying again, the young held me tighter and cried too.

Laying in her arms she took me out of the garage it was bright and sunny, with a few white things floating in the sky. The air smelled like what Ginger called the litter boxes, and yet fresh and sweet compared to the garage. It was also cold not freezing but cold enough for me to borrow into the pelt the female was wearing, it was warmer in her pelt it felt like I was huddling next to ginger again.

Waking moments later again still in the young one's grasp, I smell the sweet smell of milk. Next to me was a large, gray animal with horns and some hair hanging off its chin, with the milky sent coming off it. Under the animal's mouth was some type of food, under its body was a large, silver dish with a milky smell coming off it. Peeking inside the dish I thought " it was filled with milk!"

Then the animal opened its mouth.

"Baaaa!"

Jumping I almost fell out of the warm grasp of the young one's arms. She hugged me tighter to stop me from falling out of her grasp. The human gave a small chuckle and continued to take milk from the animal. Suddenly the young one handed me over to the female adult and ran off.

A few minutes later she came back with a strange container with a cone-shaped top. She opened the item and filled it with milk, then took me back. She gently pushed the container into my mouth then some milk dripped in my mouth. Understanding what she was doing I started to suckle, eating the sweet milk enjoying the warm fluids quickly filling my empty stomach. Content I fell asleep in her embrace.