Chapter Nine: Let's Party(This is War)

Start from the beginning

“I don’t know if it’s a kind gesture or…you’re trying to give me signs.” She sighed.

“Signs of what?” he cocked his head down at her.

She blushed, looking away. His gaze flickered down at their hands, seeming she was squeezing it tightly. “That maybe you…” her eyes furrowed, “like me.”

He stared at her longingly, he sighed, taking the hand he was holding and placed it to his lips, “Of course I like you—“ his gaze flickered uncertainly, “—just not like that.” He finished. She sighed in… relief? “Please don’t…take these ‘signs’ as something they’re not; I wouldn’t want our friendship to change because of that thought, okay?”

 She looked at him curiously, “Yeah…okay.”

“Especially after your relationship problem with Vishnal; you need someone there for you,” he smiled, “and that person so happens to me moi.”

She laughed, “Yeah, thanks by the way; you really do make me feel better after that—incident.”

He winked, “That’s what I’m here for, Sis.”

She frowned, “Which reminds me, where did you get that nickname from?”

He shrugged, “It was just a random idea that came up.”

She eyed him curiously, “Yea…but there must be a reason why it did?”

He smiled, “Nope.”

She rolled her eyes, “Whatever.” She sang.

When Margaret’s house came into view, Dylas tugged at her hand. “So I heard you started Training with Pia?”

“Yep.”

“Why?” he asked.

“I need to improve my ‘fluidness’ and what better way to do that then training with a mermaid?” she sneered. She pulled back away from him, blew him a kiss and walked towards the entrance of the house.

“Bye,” she heard him call.

She smirked, “Later, and thanks for escorting.” She called back.

***

“So…guys, thank you all for coming,” Margaret announced.

There were a few cheers of agreement, and some boos.

Margaret laughed, “Well, let’s get this party started, no?”

“Yes,” Xiao Pai agreed.

At the sound of her voice, it seemed to make Kyo’s blood boil. “Yeah.” She muttered.

“Who wants some Wine?” Raven asked. Whoa, Raven? “I brought some from home.”

Home.

Pia sighed, combing her hair with her fingers, “Sorry, but alcohol is bad for—fishies.”

Some chuckled.

“Of course, Pia.” Kyo Laughed.

Pia glared playfully, “You should learn, aren’t you training to be a fish?”

“Uh, no.” she sneered. “And besides, I’ve never drunken alcohol before.”

“Well, yuh should!” Xaio Pai exclaimed.

She’s tried it? Hm.

“Sorry, but no thanks,” she retorted blankly.

Xiao Pai sneered. “Too weak for it?”