Important Information

(Professor Xavier's POV)

"There that should help him for now," I say as I sit back. Logan looks from Clint to me.

"What was wrong with him?" He asks.

"Much like Jean, he draws his power from a much stronger source. It's almost like a split personality, except the other being, is far more powerful than we could ever imagine. It seems that the two are in constant disagreement. Maybe if they could come to an agreement it wouldn't be so hard for him." I explain and Logan sighs. "What's wrong, Logan?"

"He reminds me of an old girlfriend I used to have. She lived around the same area I met him in. I was there to see her, but before I got to her house a young boy came running up in a panic and that is when I met Clint. His mutation was beginning to come out." He thinks for a moment. "Do you think Jean could run a DNA test?"

"You think that he is the son of your old girlfriend?" I ask and he nods. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"Good." He says then he leaves and I look to Clint.

"I have a feeling that you are more connected to Logan than just some old girlfriend," I say and I swipe some hair out of his face gently. "Just relax, my boy. You're safe now."

I back up and leave the infirmary as I reach the door Jean comes in.

"Is he alright, Professor?" She asks and I sigh.

"He is resting for now. I had to set up some barriers in his mind. When you get him settled in here come and meet me in my office. I want to speak with you and the others." I say and she nods.

"Yes, professor." She says and she walks in and I go to my office. About fifteen minutes later she, Storm, Scott, and Logan all join me in the study.

"Clint has something very angry and very powerful in there. It is almost as if he has a split personality. Clint is very reserved and mistrusting as it is but on the other side... It is so angry and it seems to always be ready to fight. I put some barriers up in his mind to help him... It fought me every step of the way. It was as if it didn't want the connection to Clint to be hindered." I explain.

"Is he dangerous?" Scott asks and Logan glares at him.

"Dangerous? He's a kid. He's barely 17. How could he be dangerous?" Logan bites.

"You thought the same thing about Rouge yet she almost killed you." Scott bites back.

"This is different!" Logan snaps.

"Different? How is this different? Clint almost attacks Piotr for walking towards them then he and his friends almost killed John for the accident with his sister!" Scott yells and Logan gets in his face.

"That pack is the only family he has! The rest of the pack were kicked out of their homes or ran away. Clint and McKenna's mother is dead! She died almost four years ago. The day after he met me. He does what he has to in order to protect the small family that he has built. McKenna depends on him for everything. He is the only parent figure she knows. So he is going to protect her until his last breath, and I will protect him." Logan says and then Storm and Jean separate him and Scott.

"Logan, I understand that this is hard for you. The boy is a friend of yours and you want to ensure that he is safe. But you have to understand that Scott is right. We don't know what Clint is capable of, or any of his group for that matter. We will not treat them like criminals. We will simply observe them. I-" I hear the thoughts of someone behind me and I turn my head slightly.

"Professor?" Storm says confused.

"I know you're back there. It's alright. You can come out now. We aren't going to hurt you." I say softly and then McKenna slowly comes out from behind the bookcase. "Hello, McKenna."