‍  ‍  ‍ you could not feel anything at this point even though the air around you was getting colder. all of the words on your lips felt so feeble, as if they weren't supposed to be spoken, and the cement object that stood in front of you made you feel weaker and weaker. how you wanted someone would join you to see the lovely lights illuminating the city, and how much you missed your family. possibly your soul mate? or even whether it's even possible. the only sound you could hear at the time was the wind rustling through the trees; there was no loud music playing and you didn't feel the urge to be surrounded by others. only your footsteps and laboured breathing could be heard in the area surrounding you.

‍  ‍  ‍ "it's been a while, hasn't it? i'm pleased i got to spend my time with you," you smiled at yourself as you sat alongside the grave, your breath condensing as it floated up into the air, and laid your chin on your knees. in one hand, you held the tiny bouquet of smooth purple hyacinths, encircled by tissue paper, tied with a white ribbon, and containing a mixture of yellow spring daffodil flowers. no matter how awful life became or how frequently things changed, there was always one thing that remained constant and, for the longest time, that was yourself. "we'll meet again, not now but in a better time."

‍  ‍  ‍ before you returned to reality, there was a moment of silence followed by the sobs of the families who had come to visit their loved ones, the buzzing of the trees as the wind blew through the forest's leaves, creating a colder zephyr, and the distant sound of a lone car. it all came together to create a sinister melody, the setting is tranquil and pleasant.

‍  ‍  ‍ "i'm pretty sure that this isn't the best place to celebrate christmas." you were a little taken aback for you haven't heard a footstep approaching but you managed to shrug off his statement with a small smile. the corner of the male's lips quirked up, placing a bouquet of flowers on the flat tombstone with a bow that lasted for a few seconds. "may your soul free from all burdens... but, i guess it's nice out here. come on, the others are waiting for you."

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "i told you not to follow me."

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "i'm known as the stubborn baji keisuke for a reason. look at your hair, all covered with snow." baji sighed, taking off his hat before placing it on top of your head.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ seemingly after an eternity, the party finally started. various alcohoic beverages, a wide selection of meals, and music that caused people to move their bodies and, in some cases, nod their heads in time to the beat filled the space. there were numerous light sources all around the room, illuminating it completely. many of them were so having a good time. you were watching everyone eat from your seat between keisuke and mitsuya when something or rather someone— a blue-haired male with a scar on his lips caught your attention, hakkai.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ there's no way he could eat all that without having constipation tomorrow.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "hey y/n, wanna eat this in one go? the loser gets to wear a bear costume for the rest of the day, tomorrow." the male turned his head at you, almost flinching when he placed the four plates on the table, thanking the waiter for helping him.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "game." you snapped your fingers and smiled.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ the only thing mitsuya and draken could do was turn their heads away in embarrassment at how hungry you two appeared to be. after all, you agreed to take on the challenge, therefore it is only reasonable that you would look terrible in their eyes. when a familiar voice came out to you, saying that hakkai was the first to finish and laughed at how silly the blue-haired looked, with plenty of food crammed in both of his cheeks, you weren't aware of how many minutes had passed. the blue-haired man won, and smiley was delighted to let you know that they were looking forward to see you tomorrow dressed as a pink bear.

 ‍  ‍  ‍  ‍  ‍  ‍ "i can't believe it, i should've recorded his face!" you spoke between laughs, reaching over as you tried to slap hakkai's cheeks but ended up landing your hand on the back of his head.

‍  ‍  ‍ before the restaurant owner reprimanded the table where you were seated for being too loud for being too noisy, there was a loud mixture of laughing and groans coming from the group. everyone apologised as they continued to eat, but it didn't stop them from laughing inaudibly, and the sound of the plates scratching against each other reverberated throughout the little restaurant. rarely did they appear joyfully, as if they had no problems at all. you opted to leave the area after spending more than an hour in the same spot because you were feeling adventurous at the time.

‍  ‍  ‍ it was already night when the celebration has already started, the cold breeze cut through your open cheeks were bothering you yet there was something else that drew your attention. you weren't sure if you heard it correctly because the only time you paid attention to what was going on around you was when someone was being a jerk about something you'd rather not be a part of, or when you don't have your cellphone with you. you were, however, ready to gamble that what piqued your interest was something related to an illegal group. a booming gunshot filled your ears at the same time as fireworks exploded in the sky— people shouted with joy and elation all around you. everyone around you appeared to be having a good time, but despite their raucous celebrations, you were unable to join them because only the threat of danger could be processed by your mind.

‍  ‍  ‍ "oh fuck." it was already too late to run, so you huddled behind the trees while attempting to blend into the shadows with your smile hiding beneath your warm palm. even with only the moonlight to illuminate the area, you were still able to catch a glimpse of their faces but one of them in particular, seemed to be able to see straight through the branches and directly into your face. yet, he just waved his hand at you, either indicating that you should flee the area or that you should do a better job in hiding.

‍  ‍  ‍ recognised as the two deadliest criminals in the entire country of japan right now from bonten, are kakucho and koko. gambling, fraud, prostitution, and murder are just a few of the illicit activities they are involved in. given that they are the most notorious criminals, their organisation name is a fitting recflection of who they are. the latter incident has generated much media controversy, yet even the police are unable to confront the perpetrators without endangering their lives, and the police have thorough records of their criminal activities. depending on where they commit the crime, why they do it, and how serious the crime is, their crimes differ drastically from one another. it's similar to having a dog follow them about at all times, except that no dog could ever keep up with them. they frequently have the police chasing after them or have them chase the polices.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ though you were aware that your boyfriend, sanzu was one of them, you never really cared about it but you still couldn't help but be surprised at this moment. this is going to be very exciting.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "we don't carry guns during the deals, we just wanted to take the money here and there." said a black-haired person, and in front of him was a two male figure clothed in stylish attire, holding suitcases while the other one did the talking. "unless you try to betray us, we're not going to harm anyone here."

‍  ‍  ‍ "we've done business with a lot of individuals before, so i am confident that there won't be any treachery on our part."

‍  ‍  ‍ "alright, here are the guns."

‍  ‍  ‍ "all settled then, here's the money." was all the only thing the guy from the other group said, leaving the scene without leaving any traces of their presence. the males with black and blonde hair departed too, giving you one more look before walking off.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "what are you doing out here?"

 ‍  ‍  ‍ jumping in astonishment, you flinched to where you were standing and covering your mouth again after almost letting out a loud scream but he didn't seemed phased by your abrupt outburst; instead, he was looking at you with confusion. as the adrenaline left your veins, you breathed with your nose rather than your mouth and exhaled with a sigh of relaxation. this happened quite frequently, but it would be best if you didn't let him see how scared you really were. "keisuke! what are you doing out here?"

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "i'm asking you the same thing, you looked like you just saw a ghost!"