Chapter 1

Mary's POV

I woke up this morning remembering that I was going at an Avenged Sevenfold show tonight! Best way to wake up ever. I got up from my bed with a smile plastered on my face as I grab some clothes and headed to the bathroom to get change. I got out and prepare my breakfast. Seeing my favorite band with my brother is one of the happiest thing I could do.

-Oh! I should introduce myself! My name is Mary Jones and the only person that I still consider as a family is my brother Jay. I've always been close to him since we are only two years apart from each other. Being the big sister I always took care of my brother because my parents were never there always working. I was always making sure that my brother had lunch and making sure he get home from school and from the day I started having a job and being able to pay the rent, soon my brother found a good job and had the perfect little life, but I was stuck with a shitty job since I got out from school to work and be able to take care of him- So yeah that's me, my life. I finish breakfast and left for my job at a coffee shop.

I was more then happy to see A7X tonight but I still had the need to go to my job. I exited the apartment still having a smile on my face, I couldn't get my mind off A7X. I've seen them many times before but every time it was different but still having this adrenaline in me. A7X is like a drug, you can never get enough.

I enter at work and tie my purple hair in a ponytail before starting the day. And like every time when I was eager to go somewhere, the day was passing by sloooowly. And it was killing, already five minutes have gone by and it felt like 3 hours that I've been trapped in this coffee shop.  

While I was working the radio was playing in the background and I was barely paying attention to it until they pronounce, Avenged Sevenfold!  I look at the clock seeing it was time for break, I ran close to the radio to hear better and the announcer said, "Avenged Sevenfold are coming in town tonight and  as you could think we got a VIP Backstage pass for you metal heads so call right now and if you guess the song right, the ticket is yours!" My eyes widened at the sound of VIP backstage passes! O my Glob! I grab the phone and dialed the radio phone number that I would write in my hand on days like that, because they always do contest. I hear someone pick up the phone, "Hello you are live at Rock Radio what's your name?" The announcer speak through the phone and through the radio speaker at the same time! Shit, I was on live radio! "hum, I'm Mary" I say shyly as everybody in the coffee shop was looking at me with a smile on their face because I was passing on radio. "Good morning Mary, so you know that we will make you listen to an Avenged Sevenfold song and you have to guess the title of the song and on wich album it is. It's a hard one because we don't give away those prizes easily"  The announcer said, "Are you ready Mary?" he ask, "Yes!" I said with a determined look on my face. The recording began, I listen to it carefully but right away I knew the song, the high speeches of the violin were crunching in the speakers, "Brompont Cocktail on the self titled album!" I almost scream through the phone, all the clients were looking at me to see if it was the biggest failure of my life or that I win something that I wanted for all my life. "Wow that was fast, I guess you are a real fan, congratulation Mary, you win one VIP backstage pass! Keep the line so we can get everything to send it to you" And the announcer kept speaking but I didn't really pay attention, I just win an A7X contest! HOLY SHIT! Everybody in the coffee shop was looking at me with a smile and started clapping hands. People that I was working with didn't really like me but because I was nice with the clients so the clients liked me back. 

I couldn't wait to tell Jay this! Even thought I couldn't bring him backstage with me but I'm sure he'll still be happy.