CHAPTER 2

We walk down the hallway, hand in hand. People turn to stare at us but continue what they were doing as this is a normal thing. I see him looking at Marissa who i had English with and I pinch him on his arm.

'What did I do?' he asks, rubbing his arm ferverently.

'Checking out Marissa.' I say and try to pinch him again. Marissa was the girl who Dave currently wants to lay. He has only had one serious relationship but since then, he goes around school sleeping with any girl he finds attractive. it is all a game to him.

'Babe you have nothing to worry about' he says, then pulls me to him and kisses me softly on the lips.

I deepen the kiss and start to get lost in it when all of a sudden, I'm ripped away from him. I turn around to see who it was that pulled us apart when I come face to face with principal Hefner.

'Sir its not what it looks like I swear' I try to defend.

'okay Richardson maybe you can explain it better in detention. As for you Adams you have practice after school so I'll let you off the hook just this once.' he says and walks off.

WTH?

'Well so much for a monday' I say still holding Jake's arm. All of a sudden, I feel his body go tense and I look up. I see Dave Cameron, Jake's long time enemy with two of his friends on either side of him. They have been enemies since kindergarten when Jake was picked to be the lead in a play instead of Dave. Ever since, they have been competing for pretty much everything; money, cars, titles, girls e.t.c. Dave tried to hit on me a few months back but I refused, so he eventually gave up. They are similar in many ways but still very different. They are both determined, strong, good looking- and i mean very good looking, athletic and popular although they have different physical apperences. Jake is blonde and blue eyed while Dave has jet black hair with green eyes which could sometimes be mistaken for grey. They have different personalities with Jake known as the classic good guy and Dave as the badboy as he is in a gang and has been arrested at least twice. It was rare for the both of them to be in the same place at the same time without getting into a fight.

'Jake' Dave shouts as he approaches us. Next thing you know, Dave punches Jake right in the face. Jake tackles him and they both fall to the floor. I try to seperate them, but one of Dave's friends holds me back.

A crowd gathers around us. Alot of punches are exchanged, but soon Dave gets the upper hand. Jake pushes him and gets on top, but one of Dave's friends grabs him and brings him up while Dave gets up and starts punching him again.

I break free and get in the middle. Dave almost punches again but when he sees me, he reluctantly puts his hand down. Before I can stop myself, I slap him hard across the face. He slowly turns to look at me, then at Jake.

'I see you still have barbie coming to to your defense. I guess you haven't told her yet.' he says breathlessly.

'Told me what' I demand. I'm seriously getting sick of this.

'Jake wanna tell her or should I?' he asks.

'Laura I- ' Jake starts but Dave is quick to interrupt.

'He slept with Marissa' Dave says, waiting for my reaction.

------------------------------------

Hey sorry for the short chapter. Liking this story? don't forget to vote, fan and comment.xoxo