Chapter 32: Hard Cases

Start from the beginning

"You bit his ass," Emily continued, watching Remus's torment.

"What?! You're kidding!" Remus laughed nervously, sitting down again on the bed.

"It's true. You bit him. Literally stuck your teeth in his attractive, well-fed white furry ass. I even heard the poor thing squealing."

Lupin stared at Emily and tried to digest the information. Malfoy definitely couldn't have a furry ass, much less white. Especially, attractive.

"I don't understand a thing," Lupin admitted honestly.

She sighed sympathetically, "Well, okay. Listen."

"Uh-uh! Wait for us!" out of breath James, followed by Lily, appeared from behind the screen.

Evans looked tired and exhausted as if she hadn't slept all night. As soon as they were in the sight of Emily and Remus, Lily awkwardly pulled her hand out of James's grip, ignoring his hurtful look.

"We ran to you from Transfiguration, mate. Peter is here, too."

Tired Pettigrew, with bags under his eyes, smiled faintly at Remus and sat down on his bed beside Emily. Wormtail looked so bad that Lupin made a note for himself to ask what had happened to him.

"Where's Black?" Remus finally realized what he lacked after awakening ─ caustic remarks with a touch of arrogance and 'high' intelligence.

Everyone frowned.

"Later, buddy. He's almost all right," James said tensely and smiled so crookedly that he looked like a Halloween pumpkin with a face carved on it.

Lupin realized that something was wrong, but James looked quite calm, which meant that Sirius was at least alive.

"Emily?" he turned to the Ravenclaw. "You were saying?"

"To be honest, I don't know much," she began, when everyone finally occupied Lupin's bed as if he was dying of an incurable disease and this was the last hour of his life. "When I went out that door of the basement, I decided that I would sit there until dawn, just in case, well... just in case the chains and the door couldn't hold you."

"And your... antics before that? It also had to contribute to my self-control?" Lupin quirked an eyebrow, observing blushing Emily. James wanted to interject, but Lily slapped him on the arm and shook her head.

"We'll talk about this later, Lupin," Emily snapped, rubbing her flushed cheeks with her hand. "So, I sat there waiting for the full moon, listened to your groaning, grumbling, creaking, moaning, yelling─"

"Well, everything that a good werewolf does during shifting," James interrupted. "Let's hope that during the first night of love, you'll behave differ─"

"James!" Lily and Emily cried.

"So," Parker continued, "Then, I heard a noise from the corridor."

"Malfoy," Remus put two and two together.

"Yes. He wasn't at all surprised when he saw me there. As well as when he heard your screams coming from behind the wall."

"Did he threaten you?" usually Remus didn't have enough strength after the full moon even to open his eyes, but right now he felt absolutely omnipotent. Especially if it was about Malfoy threatening Emily.

"No. He came just to talk."

"To talk?" Lily exclaimed in surprise. "I was sure that he wouldn't leave you alone, because... well... you know."

"Me too," Emily nodded. "I was expecting a duel or Cruciatus. Or gangs of Slytherin scumbags, following him on the heels, anything. But he just came to talk."