Finding Spiderman

Your POV:

Being a ghost is so much fun. I can pretty much do what I want whenever I want. I actually never met another ghost, so I normally just mess around with people most of the time. I think that the only downside of being dead is not talking to anyone. Since they would just get scared, shown by many horror movies, I never tried showing myself to people. Still, being a ghost is so cool. I can make rooms colder, teleport, move things around with my mind, I can even change my clothes and appearance! The last one is a bit weird since ghosts don't really need to change appearance if people cannot see them. Still, I love just dressing as I like without anyone judging. I change my appearance for fun but I would say that I mostly stay how I was when I woke up.

I still remember it like it was yesterday, though it was some time ago. I do not have any reason to keep track of time, I'm dead. So, when I woke up, I was surrounded by dark waters. I immediately realized that I did not need to breathe for some reason, so I stayed there for some time, not knowing what to do. After a while, I realized that I was still underwater and I slowly swam to the surface. Then, I looked around, trying to figure out where I was exactly. I seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. The thought scared me. I was lost and confused, not able to remember anything.

I saw a beach farther from where I was and I swam to it, not getting the slightest bit tired. The beach seemed deserted, making me feel alone and scared. I looked around and saw shadows of people far from me. I walked towards them, cautious. I was soon able to see their faces. They were a man and woman and looked to be in their eighties. They were looking in front of them as they talked, calm smiles on their faces. I walked closer and was now in front of them. "Um, excuse me-" I stopped talking as they walked right through me, not even realizing I was there. I froze for a second but tried again, the same thing happened.

I didn't know what to do. Why couldn't they see or hear me? How did they walk through me? I frantically pulled at my hair before realizing that it didn't hurt for some reason, making me stop in confusion. I looked at my hand that were - and still are - weirdly white as if I hadn't seen the sun for a couple of months. But that wasn't exactly true, I thought to myself. My skin was not white, it was blue. A pale shade of blue, but still somehow blue nonetheless. That's when I realized that I was dead. I guessed that I had drowned which could explain the memory loss, though it seemed to be the only symptom that I had, thankfully. I was still completely sane and healthy.

At first, the thought of being dead scared me. I started panicking, the whole reality of the situation crashing on me. I calmed down after a while though, realizing that I was still technically fine and there was no reason to panic. It's not like I could come back from death, I did not even remember anything from my time alive, giving me no reason to want that anyway. I sat on a big rock, thinking of what to do next. I decided to just go to the nearest civilization and try to see what exactly I can do.

Here I am now, casually walking around the Avengers' tower, better known as Tony Stark's tower since they had split. I made some research and pretty much know everything I need to know about the superheroes. I kind of live in the tower, though can it be called living if I am dead? Okay, I inhabit the tower without them knowing, which is trespassing, but it is not because I am dead. I ended up here somehow, I do not care to remember how, and just watch Tony work. I've actually learned a lot from watching him every day, and I find what he is doing super interesting.

Talking about his work, I saw him working on a suit with the image of a spider on it, so I am currently trying to figure out who it is for. I'm bored and curious, you can't judge me. Anyway, I am currently searching on google about a superhero of spiders. Apparently, there are videos on youtube about a certain Spider-Man. That must be him, he has to be living in Queens. Now, I just need to find his exact address. Wait, I kind of sound like a stalker right now. Well, I'm dead so, it doesn't really count. Does it? I'm doing this completely innocently though so, I am not a stalker. What even are the rules of how to be a stalker? Let's just forget about this whole thought process and move on.

I easily hack Tony's system using my weird ghost powers. I soon find out about someone living in Queens. Checking the information, I nod to myself. That has to be him. I put everything as it was before and teleport outside, looking at the clear sky with a sigh. I sometimes wonder why I'm still here. I once tried to recover my memories. Let's just say it didn't end well. I shake my head with a bittersweet smile.

Using many busses that I got on without anyone realizing, I finally arrive at my destination. I look around, searching for the certain apartment that I know is somewhere around here. Humming to myself a song that I heard Tony listen to earlier, I grin as I spot the apartment. I walk in by passing through the wall and look around. That is a really cute place, I like it. I look around grinning like a child until I step into what seems to be a boy's room. I look around, seeing normal stuff for a teenager of this year. "It's probably Spider-Man's room then. Interesting."

I turn around as I hear the front door open. I sit on the desk in the room and see a boy with brown hair walk in. He looks so innocent, it's cute. I giggle to myself as he makes a weird face but shut up as he looks around looking confused. "Hello?" His voice sounds just like Spider-Man's, giving me no doubt that it's him. But I am not concentrating on that right now. He is the first human to have heard me which confuses and interests me. Maybe he is more special than he looks.