Will Byers: That's Why It's Secret

Will's POV

I pushed my house door shut and followed my girlfriend Y/n to Castle Byers. She grabbed my hand and dragged me down the dirt path towards my little hut.

We arrived at my blanket covered entrance to my small wooden home and climbed in. I sat on the cushion and she did the same.

I handed her a bag of pencil crayons and she took them to begin drawing a rainbow. I drew a dragon as best I could. She laid her head on my lap when she finished her rainbow and I grabbed some sticky tac and put on the back of the rainbow so I could put it on the wall of my fort.

I smiled down at her and drew some scales on my dragon. She moved a bit causing me to move my arm a bit, luckily my arm wasn't on the picture at the very moment.

I looked down at her to see she had fallen asleep before Hopper opened the curtain and I screamed.

He looked at me confused before saying "I came to get my daughter. Is everything alright in here?"

"Um... Yeah, she just fell asleep while I was drawing." I said as I pulled my blanket back down at the entrance where her dad was and he called through the door. "Tell me when she is allowed to leave!"

I shook Y/n's arm and she whined. "Wake up" I whisper to her. She groans and sits up and wraps her arms around my neck. I gently pushed her off and whispered "No. Not right now. Your dad is outside for you."

"Why do we have to hide this? He's my-" she looked upset.

"That's why it's a secret. Your dad is the head-" she got up and stormed out.

All I heard was "let's go" and they were leaving. I sighed and put my art book back in my lap to draw some more.

Later on, I was sat at the dinner table. Sad. I pushed the peas on my plate and my mom was looking at me. I hadn't noticed till she asked: "What's wrong honey?" She took a fork full of steak into her mouth after asking.

"Um... Nothing." I scooped up the last of my peas quickly and ate them. I looked over at the sink and made my plan in my mind. Sink. Phone. Room.

I stood up and rinsed off my plate before placing it on the counter. I walked to the family room and grabbed the phone off the wall and typed in the number. It rang in my ear.

My mom was looking at me with a face of worry. I continued to let the phone ring before I heard "Hello?" from a deeper voice than I wanted to hear.

"Hey um... Is Y/n there?" I bit my lip a bit and Hopper says "Yeah, hold on" causing my worry to go down 200 notches.

I heard him yell out "The phone is for you Y/n! No, I think it's Will! Okay!" and then his voice was back. "She'll be out in a minute."

I sighed and said "Thanks" and he walked away from the phone. A couple of seconds later I heard a beautiful voice.

"What do you want Will?" She sighed.

I teared up and she cut me off before saying "I don't want to hear anything right now Will. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I let a tear fall as she hung up. I called Mike. Like god... If only I had a way of connecting Lucas, Mike, Dustin and I into one conversation and wouldn't have to say a word.

Mike answered "Hello?"

"Mike!" I sobbed into the phone.

My mom ran over and hugged me and Mike said "I told you, Will. I fucking told you. I don't want your relationship to gonna die."

I whispered, "I'm sorry."

He says "You made her hide from us. You made her hide it from her Jane. You made her hide it from her father! Now... She's finally falling apart about it."

I sighed. Then he said "Now. I'm gonna tell her fucking dad. I'm sorry Will."

"NO! Mike please!" He hung up. I ran outside with my shoes already on because I had worn them in the house. I ran to my bike and climbed on it tripping as I began moving it from the lot.

I rode so quickly towards Hopper, Jane and Y/n's house I had almost been hit by at least 12 cars on my way. I threw my bike down at the ground when I saw Mike's bike already on the ground. I ran up into the door and knocked loudly. I heard talking and opened the door instead of waiting.

"I'm not dating Y/n Hop! I SWEAR!" I looked to see Mike holding El's hand and he smirked.

El looked confused as Mike said, "I wasn't gonna tell him, I'm telling Hop I am dating Jane though."

I groaned and looked over at Y/n and she said "He's not lying. He isn't with me." as she walked back into her bedroom.

I ran after her and grabbed her hand as she closed her bedroom door on my wrist. She opened it and I walked in with her and whispered: "Do you want to tell him?"

She scoffed and said, "Isn't he why it was a fucking secret?"

I groaned and said "I know it was fucked up. You seemed happy to tell your dad. I'm sorry that I didn't let you."

She groaned and said, "My dad has been excited to meet the boy I love for the past 2 years, Will!" A door slammed outside the room. "I really like you Will and you can't FUCKING LET ME TELL MY-"

The door opened and Hopper sighed and said "Your turn Will." Y/n and I walked out and sat on the couch. I sighed and said, "I know what you're gonna say, Hop, listen to me-"

"Why was she not allowed to tell me she is dating you, Will?" He looked more broken than angry.

I sighed and said, "I was too scared because I didn't want the sheriff to arrest me for dating his daughter!?" It came out of my mouth. It sounded dumber than it did in my head.

Y/n smacked her forehead and Hopper just groaned and said: "You're an idiot."

I sighed and leaned my head on Y/n shoulder and said: "I love you."

She nodded her head and her dad says "I don't care that you're together, I'd just think that you'd be with someone less... Feminine?"

"Excuse me?!" I called out as her dad walked over to their washroom. Y/n put her hand over her mouth and started laughing.

Hearing her laugh made me smile a bit and I turned to her and asked: "Do you forgive me?"

She shook her head and hugged me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my shoulder as she said "I will never forgive you for that. But I love you, Will..."

I hugged her back and whispered, "I love you too Y/n."