he leaned back on the terrace wall, elbows propped on the ledge. "i wish i could have danced with you tonight." there was distance in his diposition. "you look really beautiful, seulgi." but not when he gazed at her.

like he found what he was longing for.

she flushed, the red of her cheeks still evident despite the lack of light. "thank you."

"can we go inside now?" because she was shivering more and more, and jaebum wouldn't be able to live with himself if she got a cold.

without speaking any further, seulgi lifted her hands to beckon him to help her up. when he did, though, she didn't budge to his pace. instead, she was rooted in one spot, hands clasping his forearms.

"let's dance."

"dance?" puzzled, his eyes bulged. "here? it's too cold, and there's no music."

seulgi shrugged under the jacket too big on her lithe frame. "yeah. i can sing something for us. take your pick." her palms travelled north to his shoulders

"i--," he hesitated, but his arms circled around her waist, anyway. "surprise me."

after a brief moment to think, her face lit up with an idea. "i hope you like red velvet." she started to dance, her leading him.

he followed, careful not to step on her toes. "if you're talking about the cake, i love it."

"no," she broke to laughter, swatting his chest, "i meant the group!"

"well, do you like red velvet?"

she nodded with a smile. "mhm! they're my favourites."

"then i like them, too."

but it quickly vanished. "jaebum..."

he quickly twirled her around, hoping it would distract her for the time being. "just sing the song, seulgi. i'm freezing here." his hands were icy to the touch, but so was hers.

together, however, they were pretty warm. so, he kept her smaller hand in his, swaying to nothing but the yodel of some winds and the blaring of car horns down below.

she cleared her throat. "when i'm with you, when i'm with you, it feels like christmas in the middle of summer."

"summer?" jaebum interjected, stifling a chortle. "it's almost december."

"that's it!" pushing him away, seulgi stomped to his unit and fiddled with the door until it unjammed itself and opened. "i'm never dancing with you again."

"oh, c'mon, seul!" laughing heartily, he chased after her. before she could even slip off her heels, he had a taut on her around the hips and lifted her over his shoulders, spinning round and round. "i was only playing."

shrieking but giggling all at once, she thudded her fists on his back. "yah, im jaebum! let me down!"

he did, muscles weak because of how much he was roaring in laughter at her expense. out of breath, he fell onto the floor with a loud plop.

she couldn't stay the least bit upset. couldn't even pretend to be as she finished discarding her heels and coat.

"that's the face i like to see."

"what face?" jaebum quipped, dabbing water from the corners of his eyes.

bending down, she cupped and squeezed his cheeks. "this one. the smiling one."

"aye," he scratched his nose, taken a bit back by the comment. "aren't i always smiling, though?"

seulgi straighted her posture, walking to his closet for clothes. "no. you actually look scary most of the time. but deep down, you're pretty cute.