Chapter 3: Nick

this chapter is crappy as fuck

Harry:

Liam came around almost every day with Louis and sometimes Zayn. I tried making an effort to talk to him or hang out with him, but Louis always got in the way. Louis always told me to go play outside with Niall and leave the big boys alone. I wasn't bothering them, but did as Louis said anyway.

Today Niall wasn't here so Louis had to let me hang out with them this time. I sat on my chair pretending to type on my laptop. In reality, I was looking out my open window awaiting Louis and hopefully Liam. I stared bored for a good hour until I heard Louis' laughing. I started to type, pretending to be busy on my computer.

I stole a short glance to see who it was Zayn's head first along with his girlfriend Perrie, Louis, Liam, and a brunette guy. He stood standing in between Louis and Liam making the four of them laugh, his arm around Liam's waist. Who the hell...Screw my computer.

I got out of my chair and started rummaging through my dresser before I could even get a good look at who the guy was.

-

Liam:

After Louis, I walked into his flat hoping to catch a glimpse of Harry. Louis always made the boy leave us alone much to my dismay.

"Harry?" Louis called. He went walking up his stairs to find his brother.

"Come on. We'll wait for him over here." Zayn said. With his arm around Perrie's waist, he led the three of us to the living room.

"I'm not going to get stuck playing video games with you three am I?" Perrie asked.

"Nahh babe." Zayn said.

"What the hell are you wearing?" We heard Louis ask. Each of our heads turned towards the stairs listening in.

After a couple of seconds a muffle reply was heard.

"Your not going out in public like that." Louis said. His voice was closer now. I saw Harry's head come into the room followed by Louis trying to wrap a towel around him. Harry was shirtless, pant less, in a red speedo. He had a proud smile on his face whilst Louis has a hard frown.

"Whoa oh oh." Perrie said. I think she spoke for both of us.

"Oh I didn't know your friends would be here." Harry said. His voice was fake. He wasn't a very good actor. His chest wasn't much to look at either, he was thin and had a baby face, but I was drawn to stare at him. The right word was adorable for him. His legs were longer than Louis' reminding me of a clumsy giraffe. I wanted to hold him much like Zayn was holding Perrie.

"Hello Harry." Nick said. I looked over at him to see he was staring at Harry. His eyes held desire, lust. I cracked my knuckles drawing his attention back on me. Louis wrapped the towel around Harry giving his brother a look of disbelief.

"Long time no see." Harry said.

"You don't have my permission to go so no." Louis said.

"Can I go?" Harry asked. Louis was always so hyper and energetic, he now reminded me of my father laying down his rules before he...hated..me.

"No." Louis said.

"How about if someone takes me?" Harry asked.

"I'm not taking you." Louis said. Harry looked at Nick who smiled in return. Louis caught that look, sending a death glare to Nick.

Louis didn't like Nick. He was my friend. I met him in a passing period when I accidentally bumped into him. Zayn said they used to be friends before a rift came in between them. I asked Zayn what happened between them didn't give me anything. His mouth formed into a long line.

"No." Louis said.

"How about if Liam goes with them?" Zayn asked.

"Me?" I asked.

"If Harry changes." Louis said.

-

I kept my eyes on Harry the whole time we were here. Now at a local pool the three of us were. It was now November and I was betting the water was freezing, but the two swam.

At first, they just swam, splashing each other a few times. I wrapped myself in their towels against the cool air. It had only been ten minutes into the swim when I saw Nick dunk Harry's head underwater. I watched Harry struggle and rose to my feet, ready to yell at him to stop, but Nick stopped on his own allowing Harry to come up.

Harry made a small whine of protest. He started for the stairs probably not liking what Nick did.

"Come off it Harry. I was just playing around." Nick said. He made a grab for Harry causing the younger to fall back into the water.

Up the boy came again with his face screwed up in a scowl. He shook his arm off Nick and got out of the water. I closed the distance between us and gave him his towel.

"Done already Harry?" I asked. He nodded yes shivering slightly.

"Coming Nick?" I asked.

"I'll stay out more. Catch my own ride." Nick said. I nodded and turned back to Harry.

"Liam?" Harry asked. The boy was stood to my side shivering some more. He leaned into me so I wrapped my arm around him, pulling him close.

He was so damn cold.

"Will you walk me home?" Harry asked.

"Yeah of course. Your shivering." I said.

"I'll go back in the summer." Harry said.

-

I knocked on the door and Perrie answered. She laughed looking at Harry, but moved aside to let us in.

"Where's Nick?" Zayn asked.

"Stayed behind." I said. I still had my arm around Harry. I thought he thought it was weird so I unhooked my arm from him and stepped away some. I thought I saw him pout, but his face carved into a hard frown.

"Why back so soon? Finally realized it's winter?" Perrie asked speaking to Harry.

"Nick dunked me twice. I didn't want my hair wet in ice cold water." Harry chattered.

"See. I told you not to go." Louis said. Harry gave him a glare, but Louis didn't notice. He and Zayn were playing some video game while Perrie stood purse in hand.

"Your supposed to be in charge. You could have just said no." Harry said. Before Louis could say more, Perrie spoke up.

"How about you shower Harry? You, me, and Liam could go get some coffee after? Warm you up some." Perrie said. Zayn flashed a thumbs up to her. I guess a argument would have started.

"Fine." Harry said. He marched away and Louis sighed.

-

"Louis?" I asked.

Perrie and Zayn were challenging each other on Wii to a Mario Brothers game. They teased each other, laughing. I wanted a relationship like that.

Louis and I sat on the couch half watching them. Since Zayn and Perrie weren't paying attention to us, I thought now I could ask.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Why don't you like Nick?" I asked. There was that same long line again.

We sat for awhile in silence. The only noise was the shower water and our friends. I was about to apologize when he finally answered.

"You wouldn't understand."

-