Ch.54: You are the light, I'm the vampire (vampire)

Walking through the cemetery, I was helping Buffy patrol while she was taking one side, and I took the other so that we could cover more ground. I felt a presence behind me and smelt the scent of a vampire. Swiftly turning around, I raised the stake in my hand but stopped when I saw who it was.

  "Can we talk?" Spike asked as I lowered the sharpened piece of wood in my hand.

  "Vocal-chord wise? Yes. With each other? No." Turning, I then started to walk away.

  "We have to talk." Spike continued to follow me. Sighing, I stopped in my tracks.

  "About what?" I asked while keeping my back to him.

  "We kissed, Aud."

  "So?" Clearing my throat, I resumed walking.

  "We-We kissed." The vampire began to follow me again. "You and me. All Gone With the Wind, with the rising music and the rising....music. And what was that, Aud?"

  "A spell?" I shrugged while looking over my shoulder.

  "Oh, don't get all prim and proper on me." Spike stood in front of me, stopping me from walking. "I know what kind of girl you really are." Shifting on my feet, I looked at him. "Don't I?"

  "What we did is done." I said. "But I will never kiss you, Spike, never touch you ever, ever again." Shaking my head, I suddenly saw a stake flying at Spike. Tackling him to the ground, the weapon missed and got stuck in a tree. Looking up, I saw two vampires and a shark-like demon. "Okay, now it's never again."

  "Now, easy, boys." The blue-grey demon raised his hands. "No need to get physical, eh?" Getting to my feet, I dusted off my knees. "Is there, Mr. Spike?"

  "You know this shark?" I asked while raising a brow.

  "Yeah. What do you want?"

  "Uh, me? Uh, there are a lot of things I would like, Mr. Spike." He strolled over and pulled the stake out of the tree with a grunt. "A house in Bel Air with a generously sized swimming pool, and, of course, the 40 Siamese that you owe me." The demon dropped his voice while tossing an arm around the blond.

  "Take it easy. You'll get your kittens." 'Of course.... Damn kitten poker. It's always about kitten poker.' I thought while crossing my arms.

  "Oh, I trust you, Mr. Spike."

  "Oh, cheeses. What is it with you guys? Why kittens of all things?" I asked, and the shark demon looked at me. "Why can't you just use money like everybody else, or candy like the kids?"

  "She's funny." The demon in the plum suit chuckled while turning to Spike. "I like funny in a girl." My tail twitched as I rolled my eyes.

  "I just need a little more time."

  "Oh, time, time- Time is what turns kittens into cats. Look, I don't want to see anyone get hurt. Boys." He said while turning away. His vampire lackeys came at us, and I punched one back by giving a solid hit to the gut.

  "Then you better go blind." Pushing Spike back with my tail, I knocked the other vampire down before twirling the stake in my hand. "Wanna keep going?" I asked.

  "I said she was the Slayer's pet, boss." One of the vampires said as my tail swayed.

  "Ah, good for you." The shark demon began to pace. "Pet to the Vampire Slayer."

  "Not her pet." I crossed my arms.

  "Have you ever given any thought to, uh, freelance work? A little debt collecting, perhaps?" He chuckled.