Adventures of Flight Crew #2.2

A/N: This is a little late :( It's not Halloween anymore but I was finally able to squeeze some time. Here it is!

___________________

Iolani Tori found himself squeezed snug in the right-most corner of the couch, a cushion in his arms—the perfect size for a tiny human like himself—as he hugged all that and his knees, giving Vaughn who was supposedly seated in front of him on the carpet some space to lean backward comfortably. Right beside Io sat his zombie friend, who had his eyes fixed on said human rather than the screen of the television that was currently everyone's greatest fear. Or most of the room, strictly speaking.

"Oh fuckity fuck," cursed Dmitri the devil as the screen cut to its first jump scare of the night accompanied by the characteristic scream of violins and irrelevant percussions, sending the falcon into a lifeless state for a good second or two before he regained consciousness.

Jeremiah, who'd secured a seat beside the devil, did his best to maintain a calm and collected outlook but inside, he was frightened to bits. Munching on a mouthful of nachos on the carpet, Abigail slapped the pirate's thigh to stop its obvious shaking. To her left, Vijay who'd anticipated the scare was hiding behind his jar of tukdis.

"That scared me," declared Io to Luka, lowering his voice so as to not interrupt everyone else's experience of the movie. "I wonder why. I'm not the one in the movie. It's weird that my heart's beating so fast."

The zombie admitted—albeit inwardly—that Io wasn't the only one whose heart was beating at abnormal speeds. He, however, did not stop to consider that their reasons for such an occurrence were skies apart: Io had, unconsciously, scooted a little closer to Luka after the scare.

It wasn't long before the movie began to see some progression of conflict and plot after several other mini-scares that did not feature the primary subject of supernaturalism itself. Bags of chips emptied one after another, the group was beginning to run low on supplies.

They were only ten minutes into the movie.

"Hayhe we hould heah hlohlwer," managed Pipa with her mouth stuffed full of honey butter chips, the third bag on her lap which she handed to Vaughn soon after. Her wheelchair produced a startling creak as she leaned over, successfully causing Dmitri to jump in his seat and Aaqil to accidentally open his bag of curry popcorn by squeezing it in his arms. Popcorn flew into the air like a spitting volcano and showered its delights on various laps. Meryl scrambled to pick them up and pop them into her mouth.

"Shh!" Shushed Shri, whose eyes remained riveted to the screen. "Everyone's got to be quiet or this part wouldn't scare the shit outta you wimps."

Vaughn begged to differ. Unfortunately for his poor artistic soul, Dmitri had brought along the American version that was in the vulture's opinion fairly lackluster compared to the original. He'd been sitting in the same uncomfortable position for the past eleven minutes and had long realized that it was the wrong version of the 'Ring' movie. And to think he'd have to sit through for the rest of it! That, precisely, was the true horror of it all.

"This version wouldn't scare anyone!" Count Dracula muttered to himself but was unfortunately heard by everyone else who'd remained completely quiet under Shri's advisory warning.

No words were ever said too soon than those uttered by Count Dracula for the very next second featured a frightening scare that stole spirits and voices alike. Vaughn himself had let slip an accidental yelp.

"I—sometimes I wish we had cops on the island," breathed Dmitri, who'd watched the film three times already and had insisted on keeping his eyes closed all three times at this specific scare. He never knew what it was until today. "I'd call them every time I watch this."