"Mayor Lockwood was a vampire?" Damon asks.

Sheriff Forbes shakes her head. "No, no. A mistake was made, they said he dropped like the others when John's device went off but he...he couldn't have been a vampire, I've known the man my whole life and now Carol Lockwood is gonna want answers and all I can think about right now is Caroline and..." She trails off and begins to cry.

"It's okay. It's okay." Damon pulls her in for a hug and makes eye contact with me. He gives me a small smile and I return it as the door at the end of the hall opens. Elena. Here we go.

"Ashley. How's Caroline?" She asks me as she reaches me.

I just stare at her not sure if she's just acting like our last conversation didn't happen. "She's weak." Bonnie says from behind me, answering for me. "They don't know if she's going to make it." Bonnie says and I tense up.

"What?" I ask roughly. Matt failed to mention that detail.

Bonnie and Elena embrace and I speak up. "Is there anything you can do? Like a spell or something?"

"She doesn't know how, do you?" Damon says walking over to us.

Bonnie looks at me with apologetic eyes. "No, I don't."

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon says and I wish he wouldn't say things like that.

"Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn."

Damon ignores her and turns to me and Elena. "I can give Caroline some blood."

"No, no way." I say shaking my head.

"No, just enough to heal her. She will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she'll be better Ashley." Damon explains to me and Elena steps in.

"It's too risky." She says and I'm really not sure who's side she's on tonight.

"Yeah, I can't agree to that." I say again.

"Do it." Bonnie says from behind us. Elena and I both whip our necks around to look at her. She can't be serious. "This is Caroline. We can't let her die. Do it." She repeats.

Damon looks at her. "If I do this, you and me, call a truce?"

"No." Bonnie states firmly. "But you'll do it anyway. For Ashley." She says and I feel a blush rush to my face.

I hear Elena giggle as Bonnie walks away and I turn to Elena. "Could we please talk about whatever the hell happened tonight?" I ask angrily and Damon looks confused.

"Yeah, one of the tomb vampires got into the house and almost killed John." Elena says and my mouth opens wide. So does Damon's.

"What? When? What are you talking about? After you left my house?" I ask her.

"I was at your house?" She asks sincerely and I look at Damon for some help but he looks just as confused.

"Come on, Elena, you know you were there." I try not to yell.

"When?"

"Really? Earlier, in my living room. You came in all upset and told me to stay out of your feud with Jeremy and then told me to stay away from Stefan." I say and I see Damon shift next to me.

"Okay, I have no idea what you're talking about, Ashley." Elena responds and I'm about to speak again when Jenna walks up.

"Elena, I came as soon as I got your message. How is John?" She asks panicked.

"Where have you been?" Elena asks her.

Jenna frowns. "At the fire department. I had to fill out a report. I told you earlier."