Chapter 41

When they left the ski resort, she asked Madara whether he could drive and he gritted his teeth and said "I can manage"

When they reached home, he casually lay down on the sofa and without batting an eyelid, said "Seira, give me a glass of water"

She quietly made her way to the kitchen quickly pouring him a glass of water. At this point, the role of slave and master had inevitably reversed.

She handed him his glass of water and asked "Madara, you are certain you do not need to go to the hospital?"

He waved his hands, said "It's nothing, don't worry"

"I will pay for your medical bill..." he took a sip from the glass of water she gave him and lazily put back the glass into her hands. She took it from him and then he said "It's alright, a few days rest at home will do" he insisted.

She still felt apologetic towards him and wanted to speak but silently sighed.

"If you are still worried, then stay home and take care of me" Madara said.

*skipping the part where FL comes across the new magazine in the study and discovers ML is the founder of XQ Network

XQ Network was a website that had risen rapidly within just a few years. It was the fastest growing network and it's development prospects one of the most promising. The sites vision was very unique, for example, there were several popular domestic web games that belonged to XQ Network. The forum on this site was very aggressive, many sites may ban posts or speech but in this forum, there was freedom of speech and anything could be discussed.

In addition the sites server was powerful, very fast and none experienced any faults. She also liked some of its relatively unique small features which were very convenient and practical, she even bought a load of small items online through XQ Networks shopping channel.

Madara went by the alias AD in the business world. As for why he did not tell her, she never asked.

He watched her as she was lost in thought looking at the magazine in her hand. She didn't plan on going to work tomorrow or the following days at all. After the last incident with Akiyama she did not want to be in his presence, moreover work for him as his personal secretary.

"I plan on resigning from work tomorrow" she said, her words shocked him for a time, although he was curious why she wanted to resign suddenly he was more than happy to support her. "Do you need me to go with you?"

Secretly she was relieved he offered, "Do as you please"

In a happy mood he lightly pulled at a strand of her hair, saying "Seira, go and prepare dinner" noticing her absentmindedly standing he offered to cook dinner, bringing her back to reality. She would rather starve than allow him to cook again.

*Time skip

Madara's body recovered quickly after she waited on him for a day. On the fourth of January he returned to his normal lively self and strutted along to escort her to hand in her resignation.

Akiyama was leisurely sitting behind his desk. When he saw her walk into his office, he grinned, his smile froze when he saw Madara behind her.

She set her resignation letter on his desk.

When Akiyama saw the resignation letter, his expression changed. He swept a glance at Madara and asked her faintly "Secretary Kisaragi, do you really want to resign?"

She nodded.

Akiyama, "Why?"

"I have written in my resignation letter" she replied blandly.

Akiyama, "I want to listen to the real reason"

She did not feel comfortable speaking of the reason moreover in front of her husband...At this time, Madara who had been silent all this while said "Seira, you have already handed in your resignation letter, we can leave now"

She also thought the same and nodded towards Akiyama, turned around and left with Madara.

"Madara!" Suddenly Akiyama banged his fists on the table. Startled, she looked back, Akiyama had stood up from his chair. Anger clearly written on his expression as he stared at Madara "How can you give her happiness?"

Madara looked at Akiyama's handsome face, paused for a moment and suddenly smiled. He put an arm around her shoulder, glanced at Akiyama and said "So, you think you can?"

Akiyama, "I certainly can!"

"Well okay, let us do some comparisons. First our status...you should know who I am. Southern Star seems to be richer than XQ Network but you must not forget, Southern Star belongs to your father. If you want to compare, then it would be between your father, Akiyama Haruma and I"

Akiyama laughed cynically "Maybe, he really did compare with you, before"

Madara looked down at her and said "Moreover, Seira is not interested in all these. She just needs to be able to eat and sleep everyday and she will be content. She doesn't even care if you are the successor of the Southern Star or whether I am the founder of XQ Network"

"That aside, let's compare on the important points. You said you can give her happiness, how are you going to do that? Are you going to use the usual tactics that you use on other women? At least I have never played around with women"

Akiyama, "Even If I play with other women, it does not mean I will play with her. I am sincere towards her"

"Sincere? Really?" Madara said coldly. "Sincerity is shown through actions and not through words. If sweet words of deceit are considered sincerity, then sincerity in this world has no value."

She pulled at his clothes, peering at him with upturned eyes. Madara, you are so eloquent.

He lowered his head and gave her a slight smile. Then said to Akiyama "I will not waste time talking to you. Facts speak louder than words. Let's look at the fact that your type of men poses a greater security risk to all women!"

"If you want to play around with a woman, then do it openly and don't use love as a guise...of course, I will not allow you to play with Seira"

"Kisaragi Seira belongs to Madara, alive she is his woman...dead, she is Madara's corpse" Madara finished talking and did not wait for him to reply, holding her by her shoulders guiding her out the door.

Thanks for reading 💛