(9.)

Gabriel Washington

Gabriel Washington

My album was finally finished and I was going over the entire thing, before I allowed Maj and his people to handle the rest. I was feeling really good about this album, only because I knew it was going to do well, just like my first two albums did; but I was also feeling good because I now had some time to spend with my wife and make up for the argument we had early this morning. 

"This shit is hot, Gabe. If I knew we were going to make some serious magic together, I would've put you in the booth a long time ago." Majesty said. He and the same three girls that were in here the day before, were sitting around and listening to my album. He told me that these women wouldn't be here, but low and behold...here are they like some blood sucking leaches.

"I told you I got them bars man. Now all you gotta do is get my little brother in the booth and we can both show you some serious ass magic." I told him. Quez had been begging me to fly him out so he could get his big break, singing and what not. Don't get me wrong, my brother could sing his ass off, but I wasn't sure he was ready for this music industry lifestyle. Hell, I was barely ready for it and now here I am.

"I'm waiting on him to get his ass out here, because I got a few cover songs I want him to try out. His ass can definitely be the next big thing, but first we gotta get his big brother out there a little bit more. How would you feel about going on tour?" I snapped my neck in his direction, glaring at him, while he smirked at me.

"Don't play with me, Maj. You serious right now?"

"I'm dead serious man. My pops and granddad came in here this morning and listened to the first part of your album, and they liked what they heard. My dad even mentioned that he might offer you a spot on his tour so that you can open up for him and my Uncle DJ." He told me. I was at loss for words right now and I couldn't even stunt at how happy I was.

"Yo, that would be fire as fuck! Opening up for two music legends? Man...that would be an hour." I said.

"Look at you...sounding all humble and what not. You sure wifey gon let you go?" I frowned, knowing that he was slick throwing shade. Maj didn't accept the fact that me and Bella got married so young, which was probably why he always brought a ton of beautiful women around. He probably wanted to show me what I'm missing, but little did he know...the only thing I'm missing out on is unplanned pregnancies, woman traps, and STD's. If he wanted that lifestyle, then he could have it, but I was more than happy in my married life with Bella; and if he couldn't accept that then our friendship will be over with a snap of a finger.

*

After leaving the studio, I headed home to clean up a little and order in a romantic dinner for Bella. I told her I was going to be home early and I meant that, so hopefully she comes home early as well so we could spend the rest of the day together. I really wasn't feeling this small ass studio apartment we were living in, so I planned on also asking Bella how she felt about moving to a bigger spot. I mean...that shit was going to happen regardless, so why not let it happen now?

Lighting a few candles, I heard the doorknob jiggling, which told me that Bella was finally home. I headed over towards the door and opened it for her, smirking at her surprised facial expression. It basically told me that she was shocked to see that I was home before her and trust me...it felt weird being here before her.

"Welcome home baby." I said, grabbing her bags. I sat them down and grabbed her hands, bring them up to my lips and kissing her knuckles.

"What is all of this?" She asked, trying so hard to hold back her smile. She was failing miserably.

"I just wanted to do something special for you, you know? I know I haven't been the perfect husband and I'm sorry for that, but why tell you how sorry I am when I can show you?" I led her over to the table and pulled the chair out for her, watching as she sat down. She looked gorgeous as hell, with her makeup freshly done and her hair straightened and falling perfectly down her back and shoulders. I married a goddess and I don't think I tell her enough how beautiful she is.

"You cooked?"

"I wish I cooked, but no. I ordered us dinner from that restaurant you like so much." I said, sitting her plate down in front of her. "Prime rib, made medium well, steamed asparagus, and a baked potato with cheese, butter, and sour cream on the side. Also, I got you some of those freshly baked rolls you love so much, and for dessert...a red velvet cupcake that came from that little bakery down the street. I remember you telling me how much you loved their pastries, so I walked down there and got you some." The smile on her face was priceless and it dawned on me that I would do whatever I could to see that smile plastered across her face.

"Wow...you went all out babe. Thank you." She said, standing up from the table and wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her back, placing a kiss on her temple, before allowing her to pull back and place a kiss on my lips. "I love you, and I'm sorry for overreacting this morning. I shouldn't have accused you of anything."

"I love you too, and no need to apologize babe. You had everything right to feel the way you felt." I said, pressing my forehead against hers. We sat down at the table and had dinner, talking about any and everything that wasn't work related. I missed these moments with her and I could tell that she missed them too, so I was going to have to learn how to manage my time better so that I could spend equal amount of time with her, plus the other half of my time at the studio. "So I've been thinking and I wanted to know how you felt about us possibly moving and getting a bigger place."

"Are you kidding me? I would love that!" She beamed.

"Seriously?" I questioned, smiling at how excited she was becoming.

"Well duh! I mean...this small apartment was nice for us to start off in, but I definitely think we should at least look for a house or a condo." She sat in my lap and I softly kissed her arm. "What made you want to move all of a sudden?"

"It's been on my mind for awhile now. We literally living in this small ass apartment, even though we both got enough money saved up for a house, and also...I'm sure we'll be starting a family in the future so we might as well find a house that we're going to raise our family in." I told her. I had been contemplating on asking Bella how she felt about having a baby, but since we were so early in our careers, I was going to put that baby thing on the back burner for now.