part two: dangerously

Start from the beginning

Since that day, he went back to his old ways.

Huaze Lei then asked, "Do you still think she could be alive?" 

Daoming Si didn't answer, because he didn't know how. A part of him thinks she's gone for good, but another part believes that she's still out there and that her death was just so he could try and forget about her. But he doesn't know what to do. For the past five years, he's focused on running the family business.

Though he did spend the first year after that horrid day trying to search for Shancai. But he has no clue where is she. Or if she's even alive for that matter.

Si doesn't know what to believe.

Yue did inform them of where to locate Shancai's tombstone. Apparently, her parents didn't even organize a funeral, so they informed her friends of her death too late.

"Is there anything we could do?" Meizuo asked. "Maybe search for her again?"

"It's been five years," Si stated, monotone. "Five years."

It was scary when AhSi was like this. Sometimes he would snap out of nowhere and start throwing things and wreaking havoc in his office and it would only take his dearest friends to calm him down.

They have no answers, and that was most upsetting. The smartest men in all of China and they didn't have an answer or a solution. They didn't know how to help their friend break out of this persona that gave him a villainous aura.

The only person who could change him was Shancai...but she's gone.

"Anything you gotta do today?" asked Meizuo. 

Si exhaled slowly and went to his desk to look at his planner. "I have to meet with an old man to discuss a business or some crap that he owns."

"We'll go with you. We'll go to dinner afterwards." 

Si didn't argue. He didn't like to admit it out loud, but he needed his friends around.

[present day, Dong Household, afternoon]

"Grandma!" The twins ran to Yue and she engulfed them in a tight hug.

"My lovelies! It's good to see you again," Yue smiled. She pinched their cheeks and they laughed. "You've gotten bigger. I hope your mother is feeding you well."

"Ma," Shancai rolled her eyes, "I know how to care for my kids."

"I know, I know, but have they ever had a traditional Chinese meal? You two are probably sick of New York food, aren't you?"

As Yue went to cook something for her family, the twins jumped on their grandfather who was sleeping on the couch. Shancai laughed at her father's expression but he showed his grandchildren love nonetheless. 

Shancai decided against staying in a motel or hotel. She thought it would be safer and better to stay with her family. That way the Daoming Group can't trace her steps and she and her children get to spend time with their family.

It was nice to be back in her old home, and to sit at a dinner table and just relax.

"Yingyue, Zenguang, I hope you two have kept up with your studies," Yue commented.

Yingyue replied, "Yes. I don't even read the books kids my age are reading. I like to read works of Hemingway and Steinbeck." 

Yue and DaNian looked at the little girl in surprise. They had no clue who those people were. Shancai just smiled brightly. 

Zenguang added, "I study dance, and I'm learning how to read music. Hopefully, I'll find a piano to practice."

Yue and DaNian's expressions never changed. These kids were so smart for their age. Shancai must be doing her job well. The parents honestly thought that Shancai wasn't giving her children enough time because she works constantly, but they were proven wrong. Shancai is a wonderful mother.