RK800-60 x reader 2/2

Watching an android having an existential crisis while in stasis mode was not something I am accustomed to, so when the poor guy fell in a heap and me having to drag him onto the sofa, I was uncertain on what to do.

I mean sure, this isn't the first time I've had this happen to an android before, but they had never gotten to the part where they entered stasis as a coping mechanism.

I had run back to my room and grabbed my laptop and cable and hooked it up to the Android and began running a diagnostic scan as well as keeping an eye on his condition.

That was when I noticed his condition began to worsen, it seemed that he had entered a 'mind palace' and it saw him as some kind of threat, which was strange as I've never known it could do that after all, wasn't it supposed to help the android focus?

Clearly not in this case.

I wasted no time in trying to find a way to help him, but his code was too complicated for me to understand. Except for one little hint.

An emergency exit from someone I've heard of...Elisa Kamski himself.

There was no way I could mess with his program without him getting hurt, so the only option I had left was to talk to the guy.

I spoke next to his ear about his emergency exit, to fight the program that was trying to kill him, but when I checked on his 'health', it seemed to be getting worse, almost as if he had...given up.

"You are a real person Mr Android" kind of felt bad for calling him that "you. Are. Alive"

Nothing. Silence. And no change in his code either.

I did all I could, it was up to him now.

But he better do it within the next 5 minutes otherwise he would shut down for good.

I eventually fell asleep from today's events, there wasn't anything I could do now anyway.

I felt something soft before I even opened my eyes, and something was covering my body but leaving my shoulders to feel the slight chill.

I finally opened my eyes to see a dark room, but after my eyes adjusted I realised that it was just my bedroom. Wait, what's that floating blue light?

"Glad to see your finally awake" the voice sounded tired, mentally anyway.

I also realised that it was the android I had saved a few days ago. I was so glad to see that he was...okay?

"Are you, alright?" I asked delicately, a part of me was expecting him to be rude, he should have left, every android I had saved would say 'thank you' and then leave, leaving me in an empty house all by myself.

I now realised that I have been more lonely than I first thought.

"I am functioning at full capacity" the reply was automatic, but there was a hint of robotic and human emotion behind it.

Was he trying to deny it? Wouldn't be the first time an android did that.

"I stayed because I wanted to say...I am...I thank you for your assistance" for a second he looked lost before it disappeared behind his protocol/neutral mask "however, I'm afraid that I may need your assistance once again"

This made me frown in confusion "Were you injured during your-"

"My systems are functioning normally" he interrupted "however, I am unsure on how to...proceed with this" he waved his hands around as if he was frustrated "there is another RK800 that is currently still operating at the Detroit Police, and if he and his partner see me they are going to shoot me before I can even explain why I'm there"