Chapter 1: A New School

(Y/N)'s p.o.v. 

This is it. The moment I've been dreaming of since my parents told me I had to transfer schools. Of course, it was hard to say goodbye to all my friends at Ilvermorny, but I couldn't be more excited to attend Hogwarts. Beautiful, wonderful, magical Hogwarts. 

It is kind of weird though. Why? Because the sorting ceremony will start any minute now and I'm the only 4th year student that has to be sorted into a Hogwarts House. Well, besides all the first years of course. 

Professor McGonagall just finished her introduction about the four Houses, so the entrance to the Great Hall will open any second. I wonder which house I'll be sorted into. Probably not in Ravenclaw, it's a great house but I don't think it fits my character. Same for Slytherin, I think it's just not me. So that leaves Gryffindor and Hufflepuff... You know, we'll see. I'm happy with any house. Only a few moments later the doors to the Great Hall start to slowly reveal the Hall.

"Here I go..." I whisper to myself.

Magical. That's how it feels when I walk into the Great Hall. I see flying candles and the roof appears to be enchanted; it looks like a clear night sky full of stars.

The first years look around themselves in awe. 'Wow' I say to myself. When I say that out loud, I hear the same thing next to me, but the voice didn't sound like a first year's. I look next to me and see a platinum blonde haired boy at the Slytherin table staring at me. Weird. I give him a confused face and look away. That makes me nervous, but I don't exactly know why. 

We've arrived at the stairs to the professors' table. The first name is called and sorted into Ravenclaw. The second student gets sorted in Gryffindor. I follow her with my eyes to the Gryffindor table and I see a familiar face and... holy cricket, is that Harry Potter?! I gasp and because of that everybody looks at me. Great... Professor McGonagall calls out another name and he gets sorted into Slytherin. I watch him walking to the Slytherin table and I notice the same guy that was staring at me before looking at me again. But why?

Draco's p.o.v.

Another year at Hogwarts. Another year with that mad old man Dumbledore as my Headmaster. Another year with Potter. I despise him. I'm in full-on Harry Potter mocking-mode when I suddenly notice the doors of the Hall open. I sigh. And yet another year with new, stupid, first yea-... Wait what?! Who is she?! She is definitely not a first year, what is she doing over there? She looks around my age... Is she late? No it can't be, she must be new, I've never seen her before. She and the first years come closer to where I'm sitting and I can take a better look at her. Wow. She is absolutely gorgeous. My mouth drops and I hear myself say "wow". But I'm not the only one who hears it... The girl immediately looks at me, gives me a confused look, and looks away. Shit. Why did I act like that? Why am I being this weird? Crabbe & Goyle laugh at me. "Woooowwwww" Crabbe says, clearly mocking me. "Shut up" I say whilst giving him a nasty look.

The sorting ceremony has begun. I wonder where that girl will be sorted into. I'm completely lost in my thoughts when I hear the Sorting Hat say "Slytherin!". I immediately look at the hat in the hopes that it's the girl, but it's not. I look back at the girl and see her looking at me as well. 

(Y/N)'s p.o.v.

The Slytherin boy and I have eye contact. He has this kind of mysterious, badboy-ish look, and I think I'm digging it. 

"(Y/N)(L/N)!" 

O. My. God. That is my name. Okay (Y/N), relax. You can do this.

I've never felt my heart beat faster. 'Here I go...'