"Don't forget the cookies!" he pleads, which gets a sigh from me. I pull on a sweater and then my coat before shoving my feet into my boots. I jog to the kitchen and put half the remaining cookies on a plate before shoving one in my mouth. After wrapping them up, I set out for Cam's apartment.

I ring the doorbell patiently and wait for him to meet me on the porch. You think he'd be downstairs already seeing as he's been snapping at me to hurry up. The front door opens and he smiles at me. "A caroler?" he teases and I roll my eyes at him before shoving my way into the building. In reality, I squeeze between the narrow space and avoid touching him at all costs. "You smell good."

"Thanks," I mumble in response as I walk up the steps to his apartment. Once we reach his floor, he opens the door and motions for me to enter.

"I'm set up in the living room. We can move to my room if you want. It's up to you. Ashton isn't here so..." he trails and I look at him with raised brows.

"Why would it matter if Ashton's here?" I question him and he laughs loudly. "Are you trying to make a move on me?"

I internally yell at myself for saying something so bold. Should I cool it with the flirting? I said I'd let him control the pace at which things happen. I can't help that I'm growing antsy, though. It's been almost three weeks and I haven't even hugged him. It doesn't matter that much but I can't help but notice. Does the progress we're making even count if he still doesn't want to touch me? There's obviously still tension.

"I told you about Ashton so you didn't have to worry about him bothering us in the living room," he retorts for clarification with an entertained grin on his face. I decide to roll with it. He's clearly not uncomfortable.

"You didn't answer my second question," I insist and he scoffs noisily.

"You wish," he teases with that same wide smirk. Oh, I do.

"At least take me on a date first," I encourage and he rolls his eyes at me.

"I've tried that. Remember?" he retorts. "You've denied my attempts multiple times."

"You know what they say...next time's the charm," I reply hopefully.

"Oh, now you want to go on a date with me?" he asks as he takes the cookies from my hand. He walks to the kitchen and I follow with intentions of getting a drink.

"Yes," I say and he halts to look at me.

"Seriously?" he blurts with raised brows.

"Yes," I conclude with another nod.

"That's all it took?" he wonders and I bob my head up and down again. "Well...now I have to think of date ideas. You know, last month there were so many things we could've done. Haunted houses, pumpkin patches, apple picking and corn mazes..."

"Well, find something. It doesn't have to be fancy or special. I'll enjoy anything," I encourage. "And I'll find something and take you on a date."

He offers me a wide grin paired with an understanding nod. "Do you want eggnog?" he questions as he unwraps the cookies and throws out the foil. He strides over to the fridge while I take a seat and pick up a cookie.

"Yes," I confirm and he grabs the bottle. With a sharp shake of the plastic container, he places two glasses on the table and pours the thick liquid into them.

After taking a sip, he coughs a little. "Oh, this is adult eggnog." He stares at the unlabeled bottle and gives a slow nod. "Never trust anything Ashton brings into this house, I swear."

I bring the glass to my lips and nod. "Yes, it is." He stares at me for a few more seconds before shrugging and taking another sip. I offer a quiet chuckle as I continue to switch between biting into a cookie and sipping the rather sweet but strong drink.