four

"Hey," Willow announced as she walked over to the pack's lunch table

"Hey," Willow announced as she walked over to the pack's lunch table. She slammed two textbooks onto the table in the process.

Scott deemed Willow trustworthy. She didn't smell like death or seem to show any murderous intent for anything. Stiles didn't completely trust her, but he didn't hate her like he hated Theo.

She wasn't exactly in the pack yet, but Scott decided that her having lunch with them would be a good start. She never had a coven before and she didn't want one. A coven of vampires was scary and dangerous. It was rare to find good-hearted vampires, rather than murderous, power-hungry vampires.

"What do you think if I tried out for the cheer team?" Willow asked.

Lydia raised an eyebrow. "Well, you have the body for it. Any reason why?"

She shrugged. "It's high school," she muttered. "I should enjoy it while I'm actually seventeen, not when I'm two-hundred."

"That's a good point," Malia said, pointing a plastic fork at her. "I vote yes."

"That's because you want to see her in a short skirt," Stiles retorted.

"She'll have shorts underneath," Lydia added.

Malia huffed. "I'm seventeen too, okay? Let me enjoy life too. Go back to reading your vampire books."

Stiles rolled his eyes. He had been reading every book about vampires to ask Willow about what myths were true or not.

"Tryouts are after school today. If anyone wants to cheer me on, I'll be in the gym," Willow said before waltzing away.

Malia stared after her. "I'm going," she muttered. "Definitely going."

Stiles raised an eyebrow. "Is there something going on?"

"She's hot and available," Malia deadpanned.

The girls trying out for the cheerleading team were positioned into a star formation with Stephanie, the head cheerleader, in the middle.

"Repeat after me," Stephanie ordered. "Our finest hour; No stopping us now; You can't resist our power; We're the forces of nature; That's what makes a star; We may look like girls; But that's not all we are; Give up now 'cause you're gonna be beat; We're out for power and you're in for defeat; We join our hands together, see the perfect shape we make; Our five-point tradition is impossible to break; Garno Verto Immortalis."