Problems (pt2)

"So I get the kids on the weekends, and they can stay with you for the whole week." I say looking at Shay.

She nods not looking at me. "How are we gonna tell the kids?" She asks softly. I shrug.

"Do you really think all we need is space?" She asks looking at me. I nod looking away from her.

"I guess I'll head to the apartment tonight. I'll see you Friday." I say grabbing my phone and wallet and walking out.

Shay's POV*

I lock the door once he leaves and I slide down the door. I whimper trying not to cry, but I can't help it.

I start to sob while my shoulders rock and I put my head in my hands. "Mommy?" I hear Zoey ask while she comes down the stairs in her pajamas.

I wipe my tears away from my face quickly and get up. "Baby, What are you doing up? I already put you to bed." I say picking her up.

"Wheres daddy?" She asks looking at me. I sigh, "you will see him Friday when he picks you up from school." I say walking upstairs and putting her back in her bed.

I kiss her forehead and she starts to fall asleep. I turn her night light on and I walk out her room closing the door. I walk to Mason's room seeing him asleep and the tv is on.

I walk in turning off the tv and kiss his forehead running my hands through his hair. I walk out closing the door. I walk to juniors room seeing that he's still up. I walk in.

"Why are you still up?" I ask sitting on his bed. He doesn't say anything but look down. I furrow my eyebrows, "Baby what's wrong?" I ask getting concerned.

"Are you and dad getting a divorce?" He asks looking at me with tears on his face. I shake my head, "no baby. Me and your father are only taking time apart." I say wiping his tears away with my thumb.

"Me and your father are just having problems right now. Every married couple go through problems." I say running my hands through his hair.

He nods, and I smile. "Get some sleep baby." I say kissing his forehead leaving the room. I close the door and walk to me and Jacob's room closing the door.

I lay in bead on my back looking at the ceiling.

Jacob's POV*

I walk in the apartment hearing the tv on. "Baby! Finally your back!" My girlfriend Crystal says pecking my lips.

I smile and hug her. I know what your thinking, but Crystal makes me feel alive. The same feeling Shay used to make me feel.

Crystal has been with me since me and Shay have been having problems. Crystal is also expecting, so I don't know what I'm gonna tell Shay.

The kids may be sad about the whole thing, but in the end we'll be fine. "Did you tell her yet?" She asks looking up at me. I sigh.

"No I haven't, I mean babe. Me and Shay have four kids together. I can't just divorce her just like that." I say taking my jacket off.

"Well Jacob when? Because I'm ready to meet your kids." She says walking behind me.

I turn around pecking her lips. "Tomorrow you can come with me to tell her." I say walking down the hall to my room.

The next morning

Me and Crystal woke up early because the only ones who will be at the house right now is Shay and Julius.

I open the door with my key with Crystal behind me. I walk in the kitchen seeing Shay feeding Julius breakfast.

She looks at Crystal and then me. "I thought you were coming Friday." She says picking Julius up.

"I have something to tell you." I say playing with my ring. She notices my unsteadiness, "what's up?" She asks putting Julius in his play pen.

I look at Crystal grabbing her hand, Shay looks at me confused. "I know what your thinking, and yes me and Crystal are together." I say looking at Shay.

"What?" She asks looking between us both. "I know why we've been fighting so much, and as a result I want a divorce." I say taking my ring off.

"What?" I hear a familiar voice say. I look to my right seeing the kids, "your divorcing mom?!" Junior asks looking at me.

Zoey whimpers from him yelling. "Baby, go back upstairs. Mommy and daddy has some stuff to talk about, and please take Julius with you." She says looking at the kids.

"No, I believed you guys would make it! But I guess not." He says walking out the room running upstairs. Mason grabs Julius and takes Zoey hand and they walk upstairs.

I sigh, "see what you did?" Shay asks looking down at the floor. "You lie to me and the kids, and your divorcing me for another woman?!" She exclaims raising her voice with tears streaming down her face.

"After 25 years and 4 kids you wanna just leave us?!" She exclaims with her voice breaking. "Jacob, what the hell did I do?! Huh?!" She asks looking at me walking closer.

"Am I not good enough?! Am I not pretty enough?! I gave you four kids and twenty five beautiful years of marriage! And what has she given you?!" She asks looking at Crystal than me.

"Me and Crystal have been seeing each other since me and you have been having problems." I say looking at her trying to explain. I look back at Crystal, "go wait outside." I say looking back at Shay.

I hear Crystal walk out then Shay shakes her head. "I got her pregnant." I say looking down.

Shay starts to sob and drops to the floor. I try to comfort her but she jumps up quickly. "Don't touch me! I want you out! Don't come back, and don't even think about seeing the kids!" She exclaims with more tears streaming down her face.

"What?! You can't keep my kids away from me!" I exclaim looking at her. "I just did! Leave!" She exclaims taking off her ring and throwing it at me.

I leave the house without another word.

Guess it's really over..

Or is it?