Chapter Six

Frantically Kathreen searched around in the dark. She had tripped and now lost sight of Twilight and the torch. Panicking she started to run, farther into the ever enveloping darkness. Her thoughts ran in circles in the girl's head.

Tripping on a jagged rock, she fell downwards.

Splash!

Cool water surrounded the falling girl. Almost like a slap to the face, and legs. The only difference was this 'water' was very thick. But Kathreen pushed upward, an instinct to stay alive. Reaching the surface, she gasped for air. Something slimy weaved itself between the fear stricken girl. Looking down, the redhead saw a giant tail.

Looking back to the "shore" of this cave, Kathreen saw Twilight, motioning and saying something. But Kathreen couldn't hear her. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion as she was dragged under the surface by sharp teeth. They were attached to one of the blue-eyed girl's ankle. Unimaginable pain was pushing Kathreen to the line of unconsciousness.

Twilight also becoming panicked, hurriedly formed a sword, and dove into the poison filled Xol. Jumping in to the last spot she had seen Kathreen, she blindly stabbed around her. An ear piercing screech, followed by a body floating to the surface broke the fear of Twilight, she had to act fast.

Propelling herself upwards, she grabbed the limp body. Swimming to the surface, and to the shore, she flipped Kathreen on her back, and started pumping. The girl coughed and sputtered as the black marbled liquid came out of her mouth.

Twilight grabbed her canteen that was lying close by. Then, she entered the girl's mind. It was black, with a few specks of light. With Twilight's strength, Kathreen was able to regain slight consciousness. Making it possible for Twilight to imagine Ehtaerb. A drink that could cure poisoned Xol.

Then, she switched over to her normal self. Pouring the Xol, into the poisoned redhead's mouth.

❇❇❇

"Asadior. I can't reach her. How is this possible!" Liveos roared.

"I'm not sure Sire. But you must remember, she has more powers than the regular shadow. Perhaps she's built up a mental wall?"

"Tell me again, how did she gain more power?" The dark Lord was completely terrifying now.

"Well. When the heavens decided where she would go, she was sent here because of how she died. But since she wasn't completely evil, they gave her a more unlimited power choice." Asadior explained. He didn't like having to face the darkness of the lead shadow's voice, but darkness he had swore his loyalty to.

"Of course." Liveos spat. "How could I forget."

Why did I ever choose to trust that being. I felt pity for her because she faced so much self hatred in her lifetime. And I knew that feeling. Yet she left me. No more shall I feel compassion for her. He thought bitterly.

❇❇❇

Seirra stared out the window. The glass fogging up as she breathed. She was finally feeling the pain of her wounds, the bruised sides, the slashed back. The burnt skin. The burns weren't nearly as bad as Stargazer had feared for her. But she had been so close to the blast, Seirra still didn't know how she was still alive, but it didn't matter, as long as she was alive.