ii.

"It's going to be fine. You're going to have a great time!" Zoe assured Elizabeth.

"I'm afraid I'm going to embarrass myself again." She replied with a sigh.

"Nonsense. Listen, Liz. You're one of the best witches in this country. You are talented and beautiful and amazing. This guy will not make you act lesser than you are because of his title. You are and always will be better than him, make sure he knows that and act like it too. You have to show confidence. That always turns a man on anyways. Usually, at least." Mallory scratched her head.

"Thanks, Mal." Elizabeth gave her a small smile.

"With that dress we got and those beautiful nails, he won't stand a chance. He'll jizz his pants right there." Zoe half smiled. Elizabeth shook her head at her while Mallory laughed. "Now, let Mallory do your hair and I'll do your makeup. We're gonna do an elegant natural look."

"If I knew this was what being a witch was all about, I would've been more excited when I had found out I was one." Elizabeth joked.

"Don't get too comfortable, it's just quiet right now. Cordelia has been talking about how she fears something big is coming. She said she's had visions. That it's bad and terrible, worse than anything we can imagine. She doesn't know what it is, though. Just that it's been too quiet for too long, which is an omen for a bad future to come." Zoe spoke. Elizabeth knitted her eyebrows together.

"That doesn't sound good." She replied.

"Quit scrunching up your face." She scolded. Elizabeth stopped. "No, it doesn't, but I strongly believe with all of the witches here, we're prepared to back her up in whatever fight we may face."

"You're always so reassuring, Zoe." Mallory commented. She was right.

John Henry Moore had sent Elizabeth an exquisite letter through the mail, requesting her to meet him at the fancy, expensive, French restaurant in town. She had never had anything French before. Escargot didn't sound that exciting to her, so the thought of determining what to order at such a restaurant scared her. Nonetheless, she was excited. Zoe and Mallory agreed to cover for her somehow if she were late getting home. They claimed they had it covered, and being witches, they probably did. So Elizabeth opted not to worry about it.

They took her in as she stood in front of them. A lovely black dress with a slit down the side, showing off all her curves. Her makeup was natural with shades of browns on her eyelids to contour them. Mallory had curled the ends of her hair into light, bouncy curls. She looked absolutely stunning. "He's going to faint when he sees you."

"Thank you guys." Elizabeth hugged them both.

"Now go, we timed this perfectly so you have enough time to go there and still be a little fashionably late." Zoe patted her on the back. Elizabeth nodded, giving them a thankful look before she left.

Soon, she had made her way to the restaurant. She checked the time on her phone. It was seven fifteen. Not a second too late for her watch. She walked inside, her confidence making her override any doubts she had. She spotted John Henry out of the corner of her eye and slipped away into that portion of the restaurant. As she sat down in front of him, he looked up from his hands. He looked slightly surprised to see her. Maybe she shouldn't have shown up so late... "I was beginning to think you wouldn't come, but now I see why you were so late."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well, you look..." He paused. "I realized I don't have a word to describe how simply divine you look."

"You just used one, didn't you?" She replied.

"Touché." He chuckled. "I had a gut feeling you wanted water."