'John?' Thomas pressed as he walked into the room.

'The coppers have lifted ten of our men in Camden Town, the rest of them are on the run,' John in formed him.

'Tom, They've taken Michael,' Finn started.

'Business first,' Thomas held his hand toward him.

'They took Michael last night,' Polly exclaimed.

'I said business first.'

'They picked him up-'

'Polly, business first! John?'

'They took all our whisky, so no doubt they'll be supping that for Christmas,' John continued; 'They've impounded all our vans, put their own locks on the warehouse... The Eden Club and all our pubs have been raided by the coppers and handed back to Sabini and Solomons. The Black Country boys think it was Arthur killed Billy because that's what the coppers told them. So there'll be no more free passes for our whiskey boats.'

'I don't give a fuck about whiskey. I don't give a fuck about Billy Kitchen. I want my son out of prison. Now,' Polly yelled.

'Thomas, I spoke to Johnny Dogs,' Esme spoke up.

'This meeting should just be family.'

'I can help.'

'It's family only, she is not blood, Tommy!'

'Do you want me to leave then?' Sadie exclaimed as she stood.

'Let her speak. Sadie, sit down,' Thomas yelled.

'Or is this a business? Have you forgotten?' Polly sneered.

'Enough, Polly. Enough!'

The pair had a stand down as Thomas held his hand up, silencing her.

'Esme?' He encouraged.

'I spoke to Johnny Dogs. The Lees are kin,' Esme explained.

'The bloody Lees!' Polly yelled.

'They can give us men!'

'We don't need more fucking men! It's men that have done the damage! It- It is men fighting like cockerels that have put us here in the first place.'

'Esme, I'll take up their offer,' Thomas agreed to her offer; 'We need men.'

'If Michael ever gets out of prison, I am taking him away from this family. For good. This life is bad. This life is all bad.'

The woman grabbed Finn as she stepped forward, pulling him out of the room; the boy muttering to her in confusion.

'Thomas?' Esme queried; 'Should I go and speak to Queen Mary Lee at the Black Patch?'

He didn't reply for a moment before he looked up, 'Yes.'

'She can give us soldiers for a few nights.'

'Good.'

There was silence again, Esme staring down at the man as he sat across from her husband.

'John, go and bring up the car,' She instructed.

He looked at his wife confused, finally getting her message when she motioned her head to the side.

'Come on, Sadie,' He lifted the girl up; 'Let's go.'

She groaned in reply as she was forced to walk, a yawn leaving her mouth as they left the building. The girl clambered onto Jimmy's back lazily, clicking him onward with a slight tap of her heels.