2. skyhold

I heard a loud bang and before I knew what I was doing I placed a dagger on the intruders throat. I open my eyes and notice Commander Cullen looking at me. Commander I am so sorry, that bang scared me. I tell him as I sheathed my daggers. You heard me dropped my book. He questioned me slightly shocked. Well when you are on the run, you can't afford to let your guard down. I tell him sadly. How long were you a crow. He asks while  we exited the tent.  12 years, being trained took almost 6. I tell him. We walk to the stables he pulls out a horse and motions me to get on. I look at the horse and smile. The magnificent beast was pure black and deep blue eyes. I bring my head to his nose and patted his side. Cullen looks at me curiously his deep amber eyes on mine. Can you ride. He asks.
We had horses in my other life. My mother wanted me to be a lady but I was always a warrior. Nobility never agreed with me. I tell him. He eyes looked shocked wanting answers but didn't press the issue. It will only be you and me travelling to skyhold. If that's all right with you. He asked. I simply nodded and climbed on the horse. He looked at me and smiled as back up so he could get on. I held on to him loosely. We rode in silence for least a hour. When I noticed we approached Skyhold. I quickly got off the horse and let Cullen go on without me. I hesitated looking at the stony walls. When I heard two heavy foot prints and a smaller slightly silent footprint. I turn to see Commander Cullen, a man with warden armor on and a women.
I could feel the taint within the warden it made my head spin slightly.
I wonder if he could feel mine. I thought. Your a warden he asked a moment later. I nod and look at the women. I am Amelan, former crow and warden by birth.I tell them quietly. My father and what I am must remain a secert. I tell them quickly. The women smiles. I am the spymaster Leliana. It's a pleasure to meet you. She says sweetly.  I had a former companion who was from the crows. A serious and quite mean group to mess with. She says sincerely. I have heard about the former crow, he has a quite high bounty as well.I tell her. Speaking of Zevran I need a favor Spymaster. I  tell her sincerely. I stopped and looked at the three. I pulled out the tattered map and faded note and handed it to the Spymaster. Curiously she looks at them the warden over her shoulder. There's a cure. I tell them both even the Commander looked shocked. A cure? But how. The warden says looking back at the map. I shrugged and approached Leliana. Wouldn't you want the cure for the Grey Warden, she sacrificed enough she doesn't deserve to die in the deep roads. I tell her sadly. She looks at me and smiles. No she doesnt. She whispered. Can you get her Zevran and Alistar to come here. I asked her. Alistar is king that will be hard but I will try. He may want to meet Duncan's Daughter. Cullen chimmed in. Duncan sent me a letter for him before he left for recruiting. I haven't opened it yet. I tell them honestly. Amelan it was a pleasure to meet you, Commander will you take her to her room to let her get settle. I have letters to right. She tells the Commander who nods. M'lady. He nods and offers me his arm. I hesitate and he noticed my distress and smiles. Forgive me, it's been awhile since I felt safe, I tell him sadly as I walk up to take his arm.   I can imagine how hard it must be. He tells me. The crows will not get you here, I promise. He whispered. I giggled and look at Cullen. I have no desire to be caught. In the meanwhile you have my services, Commander. I tell him firmly. We enter skyhold and I was taken back at how many people stood with the Inqusiton even after they disbanded. There was merchants lined up and horses fully stocked in the stable. Whispers of the former soldiers hummed in every direction. But I heard another footstep lighter and heading this way. I tensed up and pulled up my hood. And placed my hand on my daggers. Cullen looks at me and notice that something was up and carefully placed his hand on his pommel. A man slipped behind the Commander so he stood beside me. I place my daggers at his throat and looked at the man. The crows send their regards. He whispered in my ear and tried to place the dagger at my throat but I was faster placing my dagger in his hand pinning his hand into the beam holding his other arm. He screamed slightly and glared at me. Cullen approached the man. There is no sense in torturing him, it's ineffective to the crows. I tell him who nods. How did you know I was here. I hissed at the man who laughed devilishly. We are everywhere Shadow. He tells me. Then you are no use to me, death sends it regards. I whisper venomously as a sliced his throat. He choked on his own blood before finally comes for him. I turn and looked at the Commander was talking to a soilder. Up the security Knight Commander. He tells the Templar. He looks sadly and approached me. Are you alright. He asked slightly concerned. I nod and began walking.  Your room is up there, first door, you will have two guards posted outside whenever you go to your room.he tells me. Nonsense Commander, I can handle myself. I tell him firmly. He looked like he was gonna object but simply nodded. Dinner will be in a hour or so, you get to meet the gang. He says chuckling. Something about him makes me wonder. What has he been through. I thought. I retire to my room to freshen up.