Chapter one

I am Jade, daughter of the alpha of my werecat pride. You would think being the alphas daughter was amazing right? Wrong. Every one hundred years a child is born that simply doesn't have a mate. We don't know why this happens it just runs in my family. Sadly, I am the hundredth child. My family , knowing I won't have a mate, think of me as a defect. They treat me like a slave. You would think that since its our family curse they would be more excepting, its not really my fault,THEY gave birth to me. Now I've never been abused or anything like that. Think along the lines of Cinderella.One may think that i would be majorly sad about this whole 'no mate thing' but i'm actually not. You see I am happy because I am used to being alone, in fact i prefer it. You could even call me the lone werecat. Although it wouldn't be to bad having a mate, i mean someone who loves you to the end of the earth no matter what? Also it would get me out of all these d*mn chores. Some things that are you should probably know about me are, I am seventeen and have mid back length dark brown hair with some lighter brown streaks, I have pale skin and freckles, my eyes as my pride say are freaky, but I think they are beautiful one eye is a bright turquoise color while the other is a orangy color. 

Today was like any other day, i was doing my chores while the pride kept adding more and more onto my plate. Nothing was out of the ordinary until that lovely voice in my head returned after years of silence. You may be thinking holy sh*t this girl is insane! While that may be slightly true, it has nothing to due with the voice in my head. All were-animals have one. They are our inner animal. Since my animal form is the everyday house cat, my inner voice belongs to that of an everyday house cat. Her name is Sasha, and we are best friends since you really cant get away from her. For the past couple of years though she had gone silent. I guess she was done with our horrid life. " why are we still here?"She asked out of no where scarring the living daylights out of me. "what do you mean?" " why haven't we run away yet, why do we take this treatment?" And that is how our plan of escape was made.

I looked around my room one last time, relishing the fact that this would be the last time I ever saw the room that I had lived in my whole life. Even if i got caught i wouldn't be allowed any freedom, so i wouldn't have my own room. I slowly lifted what little belongings i had into a backpack and slid it on. I opend the window feeling the night wind blow my hair out of my face. I shifted and jumped out of the window and into freedom. I wondered in the woods for a while until i came across the stench of werewolf. I was at the border. The wolves actually dint know we existed. We stay hidden from them and we smell like any other cat. Its easy to tell a were wolf from a normal wolf. I slowly cross the border( number one mistake) I would just cross through. As I was walking through the territory i came across a giant gray wolf, I tried to dash for cover but it was too late it had spotted me. Uh oh...