Prompts

PROMPTS

00. BEFORE the main character, either male or female, is sexually assaulted, abused or harassed [i.e. molested, drugged and/or touched without consent or in a violent relationship scenario] YOU CAN CHOOSE TO WRITE THIS OR DON'T. WHATEVER YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WRITING.

01. write a chapter based on the quote “i just want to sleep...anything, just to get rid of this, these thoughts, whispers in my mind. did he rape my head, too?” from the novel speak

02.  the character must tell their friends and/or family what happened to them.

03. the character is introduced to a therapist or 'shrink'.  what happens?

04.  the character spends the entire day reading/watching movies and eating cake.

05. the character discovers laci green's blog/youtube videos.  how does she help?

06. the character must explain to someone uneducated about sexual assault and the frequency of it.

07. the character is catcalled or 'whistled at' in the street. how do they react?

08. write a chapter where the main character is proud of something they did.

09. the character sees their abuser in a public setting, what do they do?

10. write a scene where the character is told they were asking for it, how do they react?

11.  the character is asked to speak publicly about what they went through.

12. write a scene where the main character meets someone who has gone through something similar.

13. write a scene where the character is asked/asks for consent

14. the character gets a new pet.

15. the character gets a vivid flashback/dream/panic attack.

16.  the character is asked to draw their feelings.  what do they draw?

17. write a scene that takes place at a beach/pool.

18. write a journal entry in the characters p.o.v.

19. write a scene where the main character cries. happy tears or sad tears? or overwhelmed? 

20. write a scene based on the quote “you save yourself or you remain unsaved.” by Alice Sebold

21. the character realizes that despite what they've been through in the past, it has only made them stronger.  they are the bigger person.

-

alternate prompts [you may add these in the middle or replace some, i only ask you keep the 00, 01, 02, 20, and 21

22. the main character discovers 'rape poem to end all rape poems' on youtube.

23. write a scene where the main character meditates.

24. the main character is told to 'get over it'. how do they react?

25. write a scene where the main character listens to 'blurred lines'.

 a copy/paste link can be found in my bio or the external link.