eight

"You know sis I'm loving this new school

"You know sis I'm loving this new school. I love the decoration, the artwork and most importantly the people" Mitch commented as he walked alongside Rudy, Mary and Auston. The four were on their way to the park to kill some time.

"Mitch the only reason I came to that school was to get away from you" Mary said as Mitch ignored her comment "Well now I'm closer to you!" Mitch placed his arm around Mary's shoulder as she cursed at herself.

"Um Mitch let me get this straight" Mary removed his arm "I don't like you. Period." Mitch stared at her for a second before pulling her for a hug.

"Mitch what the he-" Mary was surprised by his sudden action "Shhhh! Sis shut up for a couple minutes maybe hours" Mitch started to stroke her hair.

"Yo dude!" Auston hit Mitch's chest "Hot girl alert! Hot girl alert!" Mitch pushed Mary into a bush and looked at the hot girl who just walked past by them. "MITCH WHAT THE HELL!" Mary yelled as Ruby helped her get out of the bush.

"Ahh Mary I don't have time for this, Auston do I look good?" Mitch asked his best friend as Mary flipped him off. Mary smirked and sneaky made her way to the girl as Mitch was too distracted with trying to look good.

Mary approached girl "Hey you go to our school right?" The girl looked up at her and smiled "Yeah! I just moved here."

Mary looked over and pointed at Mitch "That guy is about to ask you out and when he does I suggest you reject him and run away from here as fast as you can, okay?" The girl nodded. Mary made her way back to Mitch who was still looking at himself through his phone.

"Okay I'm going!" Mitch fixed his hair and went up to the girl. "Hey I think you dropped this" Mitch handed her a 5 dollar bill. "I didn't drop anything tho" The girl responded as Mitch chuckled flirtatiously "I know, I just needed an excuse to talk to you" Mitch says as the girl begins to gather her belongings.

"I'm sorry I have to go and meet my boyfriend, it's nice meeting you tho" The girl walked off and gave Ruby a thumbs up. "Got that?" Mary asked Auston who was filming the whole thing. "Yup!" Auston said as he put his phone down.

Mitch walked back looking defeated "I've never been rejected by a girl before. Is this what you feel like when girls reject you Auston?" Mitch asked as Auston just placed his hand on his shoulder. "Don't feel down Bud, let's go and get a drink" The two waved bye to the girls and walked off.

"Ruby I have to go! There's a new guy that just moved across the street from my parents house and I want to purposely bump into him" Mary hugged Ruby and ran off.

Ruby was making her way home when she stopped in front of a familiar tree.

The apple tree

Ruby noticed a familiar boy sitting under the tree playing the guitar. Ruby made the mistake of making eye contact with him. Ruby tried to run away but was stopped by him. "Hey! Come over here!" William yelled as Ruby turned back around. "So now you want to talk to me?"

"Yeah now sit" He said coldly as Ruby followed exactly what he directed her to do. "I have something important to say to you."