18 - confusion

Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I pulled up to Finns house and sighed. Time to go to school again.

Last night was amazing. My mom and I talked and she actually listened. I feel like we hit a point in our relationship that is actually right and how it's supposed to be.

She said I should confront Finn if he doesn't do it first. I still get nervous though. What would I say? 'Hey you kissed me, what's up?'.

Finn walked out his head turned to look at his neighborhood giving me a view of his sharp jawline. I smiled and looked down at my hands which were now fiddling nervously.

Before I knew it Finn plopped down beside me in the seat turning on the radio. I knew what that meant. Radio meant no talk, which meant no talk about what happened two days ago!

I rolled my eyes but took the car out of park and continued to school. If he didn't confront me today I will confront him. He can't do something like kissing me and just pretend like it never happened. It happened!!

As usual he jumped out of the car right when I took the keys out of the ignition in the parking lot. "Bye Sadie." He yelled over his shoulder and I just mumbled a bye he couldn't hear.

I couldn't take this.

I walked in the school and Iris and Millie were at my locker talking. I smiled at them and said good morning before opening my locker and getting my things.

"Ok so Sadie as a newly single person it is natural that I get obsessed with other people's relationships so what's going on with you and Finn. Have y'all said the L word?" She asked I closed my locker and shook my head.

"No Millie, though it is none of your business but you have an excuse." I said and she smiled at me.

"So I can continue because I have excuses." She said with an evil smirk that told you she meant trouble. "I heard you walked in on the guys working out yesterday. Get a glance of Finn?" She asked abruptly. I am sure if I had water in my mouth I would have spit it out.

"Millie!" I scolded her and she laughed placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I tend to push the limits sometimes, sue me!" She laughed and I found it rather weird she was so happy after the breakup. Maybe it was for punching Jacob.

"Iris you're quiet, what's up?" I asked getting us off the subject because I rather not get in Finn and I's relationship right now because of the confusion.

"Nothing. Just thinking." She said and I raised my eyes but decided not to push any more forward. The bell rang and we all went to our classes.

-

I hate to say my life is boring but it is. I could tell you what happened in the classes between my last class, gym, but it's just be some basic stuff that no one wanted to hear.

Now it is gym though. I was listening to the usual gossip going on. Mostly Sophia and Nina. I looked over to the boys side of the bleachers and Finn wasn't in his usual spot at the top of the bleachers his hood pulled up and his earbuds in. I frowned and then looked down seeing Finn and Wyatt talking. Finn looked over at me and I gave him a confused look that he just ignored. Rude!

"Ok everyone today we will be playing football. Don't worry it's not tackle football it is ultimate football. Hopefully you all know the rules. The teams are divided boy girl." Coach Montgomery ordered. All the team members got together and the game started.

The guys had the ball and the girls were putting up a good fight. Wyatt had a fall and people were calling at him to give them the ball finally he threw it to Finn and Finn threw it to Liam scoring a touchdown.

It went on like this for a while until the timer ran out and the guys won by only one point. "It's ok girls we will beat them tomorrow!" Nina cheered before skipping to the locker rooms. It's too bad she is a basketball player instead of a cheerleader.

I looked over and all the guys were talking. Finn and Wyatt were talking and laughing which made me confused. When did they get all buddy buddy?

After changing out of my clothes I walked over to my car and saw Finn and Wyatt still talking getting along and all that. Now I was really confused. It was time I get my answers.

-

I climbed out of my house carefully before landing on the ground. I looked back at my house before running down the sidewalk. No, I wasn't dressed in all black and I wasn't going to a party. I was going to see Finn.

I needed answers and therefore I'd get them. I approached his house and it all hit rock bottom realizing I have never actually been inside his house meaning I had no idea what to do.

I pulled my phone out and pulled up Finns contact. I started to text looking back at his brick house.

come outside.

I'm a minute Finn was outside pulling on a jacket. His eyebrows were furrowed as he walked over to me wrapping his arms around his thin skeleton.

"Sadie what are you doing here?" He asked as I looked around his dimly lit face considering it was dark outside and the street light across the street was the only light.

"We need to talk." Next thing I knew I was upstairs in Finn's bedroom making out with him intensely JK!!!

Next thing I knew I was sitting on Finns bed with him in his chair next to his desk. "I'm guessing you want to talk about-"

"The other night. Yes." I said finishing his sentence and crossing my arms over my chest. He wouldn't make eye contact with me which just made this more difficult. "Finn you can't pretend like you didn't kiss me. That's just not right." I said searching for his eyes that wouldn't meet mine.

"I know I just figured if I pretended like it didn't happen it would be easier." He said his leg starting to bounce rapidly his anxiety starting to show.

"Nothing about this is easy, Finn. This whole fake relationship is an insane idea for both of us. And now..." I said trailing off realizing where this was leading. "Now we have dug ourselves in a deep hole." I said, Finns eyes slowly flickering up to mine. Emotions reflecting both our eyes. "A hole of emotions that we were never supposed to have." Finn looked at me longingly as he stood up my eyes watching his every move.

I stood up too and I watched as he moved closer to me. Now he stood right in front of me not breaking eye contact. I didn't even know what was going on right now.

"And I don't think either of us want to get out of that hole."

-•-

Ok so I love how I said I would update soon and then update two weeks later. Plus this is realllyyyy short!

Sorry this is late but I really didn't feel like updating because I have writers block. If anyone has any ideas please tell me some!!!

Word Count: 1255