But the happiness morphed into pure shock at his next statement.

"I think we should tell Farlan and Isabel about...us."

You shake your head and pull yourself out of your thoughts. If you and Levi really are through as friends, then there's no point in dwelling on the past.

Uurgh, pull it together (Y/N)! You can't spend another sleepless night about Levi, you mutter to yourself. Eventually, you'll be fighting titans! You need to be rested, so you're ready for a fight! I mean, what would you do if a titan showed up at a time like now?!

For the second time, you have to shake your head and pull yourself out of your thoughts, blinking the drowsiness out of your eyes. Then you see movement.

Oh shit.

You jinxed it.

"Holy wallsacs," you whisper.

The next thing you know, you're flying backward.

Still in midair, you open your eyes to see a giant hand -a giant titan-destroying all the fixed military artillery, brutally wiping out anyone nearby.

For a moment you scramble in the air, trying to figure out what to do, when Eren screams, "SWITCH TO VERTICAL MANEUVERING!!"

That's a line you've heard hundreds of times before, in training.

Everything from that point and forward is muscle memory.

You shift your weight forward to stop spinning and grapple yourself onto the wall so that you're being pulled towards it.

Then, just when you make contact with the concrete, you jump as high as you can and grapple yourself to the top of the wall, so that gravity causes you to loop around the top and come face to face with a titan.

No.

Normal titans aren't this big.

You bite your lip harshly and understanding floods into you-you're facing the Colossal Titan.

You blink in shock before recalling the last time the Colossal Titan made its appearance. It smashed the gate in! The second you remember the titan's previous pattern, you release your hooks from the wall and let yourself fall to the level of the gate.

Sure enough, the Colossal Titan is slowly pushing its leg backward, probably to gain momentum in preparation to kick the gate in. You launch yourself forward to destroy the titan's tendons, hoping to destroy its ability to kick.

You can barely lay a scratch on it though.

The size of the titan is gigantic, so it's tendons are, in turn, enormous as well. Your blades barely make a scratch in it; they're more like tiny papercuts than they are destructive blows to the titan's core muscles.

Then, just as the titan's foot is about to make contact with the main gate, you're forced to release your hooks from its leg and end up grappling yourself upwards to avoid being crushed.

As the gate crumbles, though, you feel yourself filled with a fury so intense, your physical speed seems to heighten.

Your movement is purely based on muscle memory.

Lurching forward, you grapple yourself up to the nape of the titan where you find Eren; without exchanging so much as a word, the two of you prepare to slice its neck-your blade even makes contact-and then all that's left is steam.

With your hook having lost its grip on something solid, both you and Eren start to fall as your eyes widen in shock, almost freezing you.

Once you come to your senses, though, you grab Eren's arm and pull the two of you up to the gate, where you drop to your knees in exhaustion.