Authors Note

The Ghost on the Rooftop is a short story prequel to my horror anthology, The Raventree Society. That series follows Kyle as an adult. His father has been killed in battle, and his mother has remarried Carl Shore, Matthew's war buddy, who has a son of his own. 

   Kyle avoids his family, and all the complicated emotions that go along with it, opting to throw himself into alcohol, anger, and the highly rated paranormal investigation reality show he pioneered on YouTube that has now become an international sensation. Despite the fact that he's a skeptic, his foolhardy antics and expert manipulation keeps the public enraptured. 

   When Kyle hires Tyler, now a war vet himself, he only did because he knew Tyler couldn't get a job anywhere else. But during the filming of an episode in the reportedly haunted woods at The Haven Park, Tyler disappears. 

  The series starts three months later, as Kyle is struggling to find any clue as to what happened to his little brother. He's forced to face the ghosts of his past, and other, more literal ghosts, when his skeptical nature is confronted with the first of many visions and a very real and very angry spirit. 

    The Raventree Society series is made up of season, each consisting of five short stories or "episodes" that you can download from Amazon for only $0.99 an episode or $3.99 for the complete collection. The collection also comes in paperback. 

    If you wanted to find this story as an ebook, you can look on the "extras" page of my website (www.jillanepurrazzi.com/extras) where you will find more goodies including my playlist, a quiz that will tell you how long you would survive the series, and more. 

   If you would like to help support me, you can also find "the Ghost on the Rooftop" on goodreads and leave a review. For a starting self-published author, every bit helps. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42619726-the-ghost-on-the-rooftop