Prim in the Games? (Hunger Games fanfic)

Start from the beginning

                “Welcome welcome welcome, Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!” She says it in such a deep capitol accent that I know Katniss and I make fun of in privacy. She continues, “We have a very special film today brought to you by the capitol!” Then the anthem starts. All of us know the anthem and how it goes. Ever sense the dark days where the districts went into uprising and rebelled. But in the end, the capitol won and they blew up District 13. Most people died and the radiation was what we heard, horrible. Then after everything that went on executions and everything, the capitol decided to forgive us and that is when the Hunger Games began. “I just love that! Ladies first.” She walks to the glass ball and delicately reaches her hand into the glass ball and picking out a name, every girl on here is on edge, I am too as she walks back to the microphone and says out the name. “Primrose Everdeen!” At first I am shocked one name out of everyone here and I got picked. I guess Katniss was wrong. The odds were suppose to be in my favor but they weren’t. I walk slowly to the stage, with every camera looking at me. I try and make sure no tears come out. That I have no emotion. Nothing at all that will make me look even weaker then I already am.  I walk up to the stage and I look around. I look towards my mother who is already in tears. Then I look at Katniss, and see that someone is holding her up but why? I examine her more closely and realize that she has fainted. Fainted? The great Katniss Everdeen fainted who never failed to keep us alive fainted? I wonder what she would have done if she hasn’t. Would she just stand there with tears in her eyes or would she come up and volunteer for me? I stop my mind from talking to see that Effie is already at the glass ball for the boys. She walks back and I swear that I see all the boys have stopped breathing. “Peeta Mellark!” All the boys breathe in sigh of relief except for one.  I see the 16 year old boy with blonde hair with a terrified look in his face. As soon as I saw the terror in his face it went away to being blank and emotionless.  Peeta. I wonder. He is the one who helped us when my mom couldn’t. He tossed the burnt bread to Katniss! At least that is what she told me. I see him walk up to the stage with an emotionless face. Effie lastly says “Now go on and shake hands.” As soon as we shook hands and started walking to the justice building I heard a shriek.

                “I volunteer!!!! Please I volunteer as tribute for Primrose Everdeen!” I turn around and see that Katniss has volunteered for me. I sadly hope that they will let her. She will have a way better chance to win then I ever would. I look at Katniss with tears in her eyes as Effie speaks.

                “No. They already shook hands and the reapings are over, I am sorry. Volunteer next year for the quarter quell!” She says in a sneer voice. The peacekeepers lead us through the Justice Building as I hear Katniss screaming for me. Screaming that she will avenge me. That she will make sure that I win, and that is when the doors closed.

                I was put in a separate room from Peeta, I kind of wish he was here. At least that way we could find a way to keep at least one of us alive. I guess that is why there are two rooms. I walk into the room that has a table and little book shelf and a single couch with no windows and one door. I walk to the couch and sit down and notice its velvet and it’s very comfortable. I start to mess with the velvet the way it smoothes out one way and crinkles up the other way. I do this for about 5 minutes until Katniss and my mom arrive. They are both in tears. I would understand, I am about to die and they are about to watch me die.

                “I tried Prim I tried so hard to volunteer but I-I was too late.” My sister, Katniss cries I haven’t seen her cry ever sense she yelled at mom trying to get her back to reality.

                “Katniss, I know you tried. I know you did. I will try and come home to you guys. I swear it; I will be the first 12 year old to be able to win these games okay Katniss?” I try to calm her. Though I know I couldn’t win I already accepted that. But I have to calm Katniss down, or she will do something to hurt herself or anyone here.

                “Okay Prim. I-I love you. I will do anything out here to save you. Okay?” She seems more calm but yet I know she’s trying to hide her feelings again. I guess this is okay; she could stay like this till I die.

                “Sweetie…” My mother calls though she seems distant already.

                “No mom, don’t leave Katniss like this! I know she is stronger now but she also needs a mom too!” I scold her. But I am 12. If Katniss’ and I’s situation was switched I bet she would say something along the same lines. She nods and then she hugs me and holds me while Katniss holds my hand. This is my family. I wish I can stay like this forever them both here as healthy as we can be. About 2 minutes later the peacekeeper comes in. My mother obeys but my sister takes a little bit of work.

                “No! No!! Prim! I love you!!” Then they drag her out with her fighting. As soon as my family leaves I hug my knees awaiting for Effie escort us to the train.

After about another 2 minutes later another person comes in. It’s Madge Undersee, the mayor’s daughter.  “Hello Prim…” She seems sad. Why? She doesn’t really know me. “I want you to have this Prim.” She hands me a golden pin of a bird.

                “T-thank you Madge.” I don’t exactly know what else to say. I don’t know her well. But the last thing she does is give me a hug then she leaves the room with tears in her eyes. Though, my last visitor was even more shocking. Peeta’s father, Mr. Mellark came in the room.

“Hello, you must be wondering why I am here but, I am here just to give you these.” He hands me a bag of cookies, a rare delicacy in district 12.

“Thank you so much!” I exclaim a bit too happily. “I am sorry about Peeta.” I truly am. No one should be in these games.

“I know you are. And if you could, I bet you can make all the games come to an end with your charm and beauty.” I’m shocked. I didn’t expect for him to say that. I give him a quick hug and he is on his way to probably go see Peeta.  I look at the clock that is on the desk and I notice I have 2 minutes till Effie escorts us to the capitol. That is in a few days is where I will die. Through the capitol. I stop the thoughts from my head. I just need to accept that I will die and that it’s the capitol’s fault.