chapter one

[ a/n : so i apologize for my horrible writing cuz hah but i hope you enjoy it anyway! ]

Hana pov :

You were generally avoided by people. It wasn't that you were mean, and you didn't bully people, you just had a very cold look to yourself in general. You didn't mind though. You had friends you could talk to and walk with everyday and you did well in school so you didn't care much that people got a look on their faces whenever you passed.

"Hey Hana!" called your close friend, Jiyeon. A smile lit up your face at seeing her and you slowed down, waiting for her to catch up.

"Hey Ji, " you greeted her.

"Enough with the hey's, have you heard about the new guy?" she asked, her quick words betraying how excited her friend was. You shook your head.

"No I haven't, what's his name?" You asked, starting to get curious over the new guy.

"His name is Baekhyun, and from what I've heard, he's the biggest playboy this school has ever seen." Jiyeon described. You rolled your eyes at the description and walked away from your friend, glad your classroom had been right there, letting you avoid any questions.

You threw your bag into your seat and sat down with a groan. Baekhyun. He definitely was a playboy, no doubt about it. You'd known him since your middle school years and you used to be close friends until he started becoming a playboy towards high school. You couldn't ignore all the girls that fawned over him everyday at school, not even letting the two of you talk, and you couldn't ignore all the nights the two of you hadn't hung out due to his "dates".

*ringgg*

You lifted your head as the bell rang and brought out your books and pens right as the teacher walked in.

"Everyone we have a new student today. Please welcome him into the class with kindness," Mrs. Jung said in her usual uniformity, "You may come in now Mr. Byun." she called to someone outside of the door. You felt your blood rush to your toes at hearing the familiar name. Byun Baekhyun.

In he walked, his hair slicked back enough to make it look good, but not too uniform, a few strands of hair still on his forehead. His backpack strap was slung over one shoulder and his tie on his uniform wasn't even put on right, leaving it still way too loose, and the top three buttons of his shirt lay unbuttoned, showing part of his tan collarbone and chest. He stood beside the teacher as he looked at each student in turn quietly. A small smirk appeared on his lips as his eyes settled on you.

"Mr. Byun, you may sit next to Hana." Mrs. Jung said, pointing to the empty seat beside you. You put on your signature poker face as he walked up the aisle, staring at you the whole time. You allowed yourself to roll your eyes before leaning back in your seat, crossing your arms, your poker face still showing as your eyes met his, trying to see if he'd keep looking.

He finally settled down beside you, sliding into the seat himself before setting the backpack down beside him, sliding a bit too close for your taste. You turned back to the front of the room and uncrossed your arms, sitting up again and opening your notebook as the teacher began the lesson. You heard him look for a pen in his backpack and frankly, you couldn't deal with the sound his loud movements seemed to be deliberately doing. You took a pen out of your pencil case and threw it his way, never taking your eyes off the board.

Baekhyun / Narrator pov :

Hana threw a pencil at him, her eyes never leaving the board as she scribbled down some words in her small but perfect handwriting into her notebook. He studied her side profile for a moment, remembering their times together throughout Middle School and High School and looked back up at the board with a small smile.

A few minutes after, he scooted toward her slightly, close enough so that his lips were almost against her ear as he spoke, "Long time no see Hana." he said, his voice almost raspy from whispering. He saw her hand tighten on her pen for a moment before she proceeded to put her stuff away, and walk out of the room without a word.

Hana pov :

You walked out of the classroom, still feeling a bit flustered but you pushed the weird feeling away and put on your poker face once again, causing people around you to give you a wide berth as you walked. You heard running footsteps catch up to you and lift your backpack slightly to annoy you.

You spun quickly and chopped at his arm with your hand, causing him to pull away in pain.

"I see you still take self defense classes." he grunted, rubbing at the arm that had started turning red. You rolled your eyes,

"What do you want baekhyun," you said, not bothering to use your old nickname for him.

"What? Am I not allowed to talk to my old friend?" he asked with a smirk, causing you to once again roll your eyes. You were gonna have a major headache by the end of the day from all the eye-rolling he was making you do.

"Who said we're friends now though," you said, your voice cold as ice as you sped up a bit to get to your next class, gym. He slung an arm around your shoulder, his grip tight as the two of you walked.

"I did, and this time, I'm not letting you get away," he said before letting go of your shoulders and walking into the gym, "Thanks for taking me to my class," he said with a fake smile.

You had a feeling you were gonna see much more of him this year.